Hi .. late to the party and have a lot of ketchup. (Wait, I did this back on p. 27, well it helps me review.)
Application: Firefox 43.0.4 - Win 7 Professional
These 12 I know I use and like and a few of them are why Firefox remains my #1 browser, even while I have learned to be a bit more conservative on open tabs. I used to shoot for 75-100, now I am happy with 20-50, and often less.
- Tab Mix Plus
- Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar - thus I use this as the hierarchichal adjunct to the superb Linkman keywords using regular bookmark-to-toolbar adding
- Lazarus: Form Recovery
- Session Manager
- All-in-One Sidebar
- Download Manager (S3)
- Extension List Dumper 2
- Restart My Fox
- WikiWand: Wikipedia Modernized
No tab count extension at the moment.
Page Rank seems neat, it is included in the robust Flagfox as opening tabs.
Various tools that make phone numbers hot.. I go back and forth .. Skype is not thought to play nice.
This next group I think I might use some, this is a tricky specialty area now:
- Docs Online Viewer
- Google Docs Viewer
- Open in Browser
Plugin- PDF Xchang Viewer
These relate to gmail - I am also looking at a website's tools called Hiber, this is a specialty area as well and I am actually not sure where I stand.
- Rapportive - (gmail) Making email a better place -
- Vibe for Firefox - Rapportive for the web. Hover on emails, and get complete information about people
There are various biz tools I consider, one was:
but I think it did so much on my google searches that google started to ask me to be sure I am not a machine.
AdBlock and NoScript and such I have mixed feelings about, right now they are not on, I may go back and read your experiences, I would use them more for speed than security. At the moment, by reducing tab usage with some of these other tools, rendering is quick. I find that Firefox up to about 30-40 tabs and another 5 on Chrome and a bit more elsewhere is ok.
Here are nine that I might be conceptually using, but not in praxis.
- iMacros for Firefox
- Personal Titlebar
- User Agent Switcher
- Send Tab URLs - to email or clipboard.
- Super Start - Speed dial, simple todo-list.
- Tab Set Saver - a good extension idea, that needs a couple of tweaks added to make it really useful
- Textarea Cache - it is meant as a possible supplement for Lazarus, which does not do Facebook.
There are certain areas where I use Chrome, google stuff and it has a very easy pin-to-taskbar (something I recently learned and like), Use Chrome for google hangouts, ongoing Facebook conversations, Live365 (ending soon), and other stuff. The lack of Tab Mix Plus multi-row is the big limitation.
And I have a bunch of other browsers installed, PaleMoon in my Linkman "user defined" and has TabMixPlus, Lazarus and more. Vivaldi and Opera and IE have a small place and I installed a few others for play.