ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Firefox Extensions: Your favorite or most useful

<< < (158/192) > >>

Tuxman:
Use the Classic Theme Restorer.

holt:
I found this youtube video on how to restore the classic FF look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C51X1DCMtwI

MilesAhead:
Use the Classic Theme Restorer.
-Tuxman (January 11, 2016, 11:17 PM)
--- End quote ---

When using this I found Theme Font and Size Changer handy.  I don't run a multi-tab AddOn so the changer is handy to set the tab color and font to make them readable after changing to the classic theme.  It can also make menus easier to read without resorting to reading glasses or the Windows magnifier.  :)

IainB:
Easy Youtube Video Downloader Express 9.02
HTML5 Player for YouTube™ 0.1.0
YouTube High Definition 41.0
--- End quote ---

As you already use Greasemonkey, have you considered replacing these three by one userscript yet?
-Tuxman (October 12, 2015, 04:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

This looked pretty interesting, but I noticed today that the Mozilla add-on site has comments indicating that the add-on is not working and development seems to have come to a grinding halt.

From the developer at GitHub, the explanation is (not sure of the date posted):
As of many of you know. I have not been actively developing on YouTube Center and there's a good reason for that. I have acquired a full time job, which leaves not much time for development. ...

--- End quote ---
It's a bugger when one gets a job, eh?    ;)

Steven Avery:
Hi .. late to the party and have a lot of ketchup. (Wait, I did this back on p. 27, well it helps me review.)

Application: Firefox 43.0.4 - Win 7 Professional

These 12 I know I use and like and a few of them are why Firefox remains my #1 browser, even while I have learned to be a bit more conservative on open tabs. I used to shoot for 75-100, now I am happy with 20-50, and often less.

- Tab Mix Plus
- Roomy Bookmarks Toolbar - thus I use this as the hierarchichal adjunct to the superb Linkman keywords using regular bookmark-to-toolbar adding
- LinkmanFox
- LastPass
- Lazarus: Form Recovery
- Session Manager
- All-in-One Sidebar
- Download Manager (S3)
- Extension List Dumper 2
- Restart My Fox
- WikiWand: Wikipedia Modernized   
- Flagfox    

No tab count extension at the moment.
Page Rank seems neat, it is included in the robust Flagfox as opening tabs.
Various tools that make phone numbers hot.. I go back and forth .. Skype is not thought to play nice.

==================================

This next group I think I might use some, this is a tricky specialty area now:

- Docs Online Viewer
- Google Docs Viewer
- Open in Browser

Plugin- PDF Xchang Viewer

These relate to gmail - I am also looking at a website's tools called Hiber, this is a specialty area as well and I am actually not sure where I stand.

- Rapportive - (gmail) Making email a better place -
- Vibe for Firefox -    Rapportive for the web. Hover on emails, and get complete information about people

There are various biz tools I consider, one was:

SEOQuake

but I think it did so much on my google searches that google started to ask me to be sure I am not a machine.

AdBlock and NoScript and such I have mixed feelings about, right now they are not on, I may go back and read your experiences, I would use them more for speed than security. At the moment, by reducing tab usage with some of these other tools, rendering is quick. I find that Firefox up to about 30-40 tabs and another 5 on Chrome and a bit more elsewhere is ok.

Here are nine that I might be conceptually using, but not in praxis.

- FlashDisable    
- iMacros for Firefox   
- Personal Titlebar
- ProfileSwitcher   
- User Agent Switcher   
- Send Tab URLs - to email or clipboard.
- Super Start - Speed dial, simple todo-list.
- Tab Set Saver - a good extension idea, that needs a couple of tweaks added to make it really useful
- Textarea Cache   - it is meant as a possible supplement for Lazarus, which does not do Facebook.

===========================================

There are certain areas where I use Chrome, google stuff and it has a very easy pin-to-taskbar (something I recently learned and like), Use Chrome for google hangouts, ongoing Facebook conversations, Live365 (ending soon), and other stuff. The lack of Tab Mix Plus multi-row is the big limitation. 

And I have a bunch of other browsers installed, PaleMoon in my Linkman "user defined" and has TabMixPlus, Lazarus and more.  Vivaldi and Opera and IE have a small place and I installed a few others for play.

Steven

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version