topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:32 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Meme time! Five Things People Don't Know About Me  (Read 68668 times)

OldElmerFudd

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Bite-sized trouble
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Meme time! Five Things People Don't Know About Me
« Reply #75 on: February 23, 2009, 04:02 PM »
For a meme like this to be successful, it should contain some 'spicy material' I think, so here goes:

1. My only brother has recently chosen a "career" as professional criminal.
2. When I was (very) young, my curiosity killed a real cat   :(
3. At heart I am a dog person anyway.
4. I bought all my drivers licenses for this country (but earned them in originating country).
5. I am in love with a woman who is totally into God, while I am not.

Well, Shades

(1) For over twenty years, my only brother's only brother was a professional criminal, but the statute of limitations ran out years ago.

(2) I used to have pins and screws in one leg, but the only hardware left these days is the bolt in my neck.

(3) I was assigned by CBS to photograph the Beatles during their 1966 US tour.

(4) I've traveled through the lower 48, Alaska, and western China as a geologist.

(5) I'm a cat person, while my two best friends are dog persons.
Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code is a violent psychopath and knows where you live.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: February 23, 2009, 04:32 PM »
Your only brother's only brother sounds like a real character - whatever happened to him? Is he on the straight and narrow now?

wreckedcarzz

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: February 23, 2009, 05:59 PM »
5% leet. Yes, that means that i tend to go "LOL", "ROFFLE" and "OMFG" out loud.

I just got the habit of it.

High 5 :D :P

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: February 24, 2009, 12:32 AM »
I don't say LOL, I perform LOL. Gamerkids nowadays, *sigh* :P
- carpe noctem

CWuestefeld

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: February 24, 2009, 05:44 AM »

How about with LMAO, or ROTFL?

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: February 24, 2009, 06:00 AM »
How about with LMAO, or ROTFL?
I do laugh often, but not exactly either of those two ;) - and I don't feel a need to say them either. While I don't use the terms in speech and try to use them somewhat sparingly on forums and the like, I do use a lot of them pretty often on IRC, IM services and when writing SMS'es...
- carpe noctem

OldElmerFudd

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Bite-sized trouble
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: February 24, 2009, 06:53 PM »
1. I'm addicted to fabulist literature

2. I think Neil Gaiman's Sandman is a great work of fiction, even if it is a graphic novel

3. I can come up with a decent original bass line for anything

4. The first woman I ever had a major crush on was Diana Rigg as Emma Peel in The Avengers.
 (see attachment in previous post)
(mmm...those sexy-brainy English-types <sigh!>) ;)

5. If someone were to offer me the chance to go to Mars or another planet (but with only 1 chance in 3 of surviving the trip) I'd still go in a heartbeat.

6. I often enjoy disregarding written instructions. ;)

I still remember the enormous, hormone-soaked crush I had on Diana Rigg when I was in my early 20's. Sigh...
Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code is a violent psychopath and knows where you live.

OldElmerFudd

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Bite-sized trouble
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2009, 06:58 PM »
Your only brother's only brother sounds like a real character - whatever happened to him? Is he on the straight and narrow now?

Yeah, Darwin
As a pro, he was inclined to run his activities like a business. More to the point, he had an uncanny knack for avoiding trouble. Word is, he gave it all up about 20 years ago with only minor psychic scars. 
 ;)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2009, 07:14 PM »

Yeah, Darwin
As a pro, he was inclined to run his activities like a business. More to the point, he had an uncanny knack for avoiding trouble. Word is, he gave it all up about 20 years ago with only minor psychic scars. 
 ;)

:)

BTW I had a pretty big crush on Emma Peel (Diana Rigg) myself when I was about 8 or 9. Didn't quite "get", at the time, that the shows I was watching were already 10 years old or so at the time  ;D

OldElmerFudd

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Bite-sized trouble
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #84 on: February 25, 2009, 02:18 PM »

Yeah, Darwin
 ;)

:)

BTW I had a pretty big crush on Emma Peel (Diana Rigg) myself when I was about 8 or 9. Didn't quite "get", at the time, that the shows I was watching were already 10 years old or so at the time  ;D

Oh, I "got it" OK. In spite of the fact I was mad about a close friend, and had relationships with others. The redoubtable Ms. Rigg was soooo unattainable. And I was doing a lot of attaining in those days!

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #85 on: February 25, 2009, 02:29 PM »
Oh, I "got it" OK. In spite of the fact I was mad about a close friend, and had relationships with others. The redoubtable Ms. Rigg was soooo unattainable. And I was doing a lot of attaining in those days!

Same here. But I always liked "older women."

At least I did until recently. Now those same older women are my age.

Or younger. :tellme:

gpetrant

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #86 on: February 26, 2009, 02:21 AM »
1.  I'm a poet.

2.  I've lived with chronic Dysthymia (low grade depression) with episodes of Major Depression most of my adult life.   

3.  I'm a North American Indian (Ojibwe).

4.  I like to code whenever I'm not horny.  In fact, I just completed my first VB 4 'hello world' program this past week.  I'm pretty proud of that accomplishment. It took me over 10 years to complete.  (Don't know where I found the time, tbh.)

5.  I...umm...well...oh god, this is a hard one...I have had an erotic fixation on...Martha Stewart.  There, I said it!  When she went to prison, I had to book off sick for her entire stay because of...well...my obsessive fantasizing about being her cellmate...toweling her off after showers, giving her stress-relieving erotic massages with my Erotic Almond Massage Oil, etc.  It left me too exhausted to do anything else.  (I'm not proud of that fact, and I don't encourage any of you youngsters out there to try this at home.)

(umm...are we allowed to say 'horny' and 'erotic' in the forums?  What about 'Erotic Almond Massage Oil'?  :-[ )
Shywolf

scancode

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • I will eat Cody someday.
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #87 on: February 26, 2009, 05:16 AM »
I have had an erotic fixation on...Martha Stewart.
TMI
* scancode grabs a sickbag
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 06:23 AM by scancode »

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2009, 06:13 AM »
4. I like to code whenever I'm not horny. In fact, I just completed my first VB4 'hello world' program this past week.  I'm pretty proud of that accomplishment. It took me over 10 years to complete. (Don't know where I found the time, tbh.)

Best laugh I've had this week! Thanks for sharing, I won't judge you.  :P

OldElmerFudd

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • Bite-sized trouble
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2009, 12:17 PM »

Same here. But I always liked "older women."

At least I did until recently. Now those same older women are my age.

Or younger. :tellme:

Understood. My best friend is two years younger than I am. Been crazy about her for nearly 40 years. Five years back, Bite-sized trouble showed up. She's thirty-four years younger! The Original Mermaid (best friend) gets a little cranky when she thinks about her, but knows she's always first. YMMV <vbg>

;D

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #90 on: February 26, 2009, 01:30 PM »
Understood. My best friend is two years younger than I am. Been crazy about her for nearly 40 years.

I can relate. My 'best friend'  :-* is two weeks younger than me to the day. I met her back in 1970. We have been together (exclusively) ever since.

Some of my friends and family used to ask how I felt about never having been 'single' a day in my life.

My answer was (and is): Eternally grateful ;)

:Thmbsup: ;D
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 01:32 PM by 40hz »

stansrailpix

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Stans Railpix : A RailPhoto Gallery
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #91 on: March 01, 2009, 04:54 PM »
RE Meme time ! Five things people Don't know about me.

1. Spent a year in Vietnam with Coast Guard Squadron One.
2. My son is one year older than my oldest grandson.
3. I always have trouble sleeping at night. ( But not during the day. )
4. Since Vietnam I Hate being in large crowds.
5. My wife of 32 years and I did Foster care for Vietnamese Refugee Children.
                                                                                                                    Stan      :Thmbsup:
Stans Railpix : A Free RailPhoto Gallery  !   http://www.trainweb.org/railpix

Jammo the OrganizedFellow

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • OrganizedFellow
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #92 on: June 30, 2009, 02:11 AM »
WOW, we got some regular whackos in here!
no offense anyone, I'm being silly. I'm a whacko too!  :-*

(01) @wreckedcarzz: ME too, or, similar.
At an early age, I loved geometry. I'd see (for example a garage door), and mentally and visually, dissect that 10'x8' rectangle into four 5x4 rectangles. Then into eight 2 1/2 x 2' rectangles, and so on and so on. When I was done making rectangles, I would further dissect my many many rectangles into triangles. I'd learned how to add/subtract/divide/multiply to large numbers by age 7 or 8?
I've had sleep problems all my life. Didn't count sheep. I counted stars. But there were too many, so I'd adjust my window blinds, and without moving at ALL, I'd count whatever stars I could see -OR- counting the slats of the blinds, I'd find stars that were evenly spaced enough to be perfect squares or equilateral triangles.
Like my dad, I'll count random items - example: if there is a garage door I am looking at, I'll start counting the number of decorative boxes or whatever on the thing - even though I already know how many there are, I do it anyways. Same with walking. I used to look down and make sure that I stepped an even number of steps in any given concrete "section", even if I looked like an idiot. :huh:

(02)Remember the movie Zoolander?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoolander
Throughout most of the film, Zoolander shows an inability to turn left. (Quote: "I'm not an ambi-turner.") To compensate, he will continuously turn right until he faces the correct direction. So, rather than making a 90° turn left, Zoolander will turn 270° right.

Well, as a child, I could turn left or right, but I HAD TO HAD TO HAD TO, do them in pairs.
And so I wouldn't do it in public, I would remember how many left turns -vs- how many right turns I made, and then 'correct myself' before going to bed that night. I thought my inbalanced turns throughout the day contributed to my clumsiness as a child.
That's how I learned about negative numbers: a left turn was a subtraction. Too many left turns throughout the day = a negative number. Too many rights = positive.
So I would equal zero before going to bed by walking around my room, or throughout the house when all were asleep.

(03) On 9/9/99 I launched my first website (i was the first to cash in on the Fast & Furious custom car scene).
It was a smashing success. I later sold the site to pursue other things. My asking price? $99.99. It was about a week later, I had an anonymous offer for close to $6,000 for it ... if I had only known  :(

(04) My wife & I met ON my website (#3 above) through a friend several years before we dated. SHE asked me out. We dated a few months, I asked her to be MyGirl (January 06, 2001) and sealed it with a kiss and a promise. After 4 years of dating, I asked her on January 06, 2005 to marry me. January 06, 06 we married.
I'm the luckiest man in the world. I married my best friend from college. We're still crackin' jokes and leaning on each other 27 years later. I owe it all to my Dad. When I asked if I should marry her, he said, "Boy, you're not going to find another one as good as [Renee]. You'd better marry her!" I did, but not before I made her ask my dad for my hand in marriage. She did! He said, "Hell, please take him!" A lot of people marry for love and fall out of love, then split. I married someone I like and cared for. You can learn to love almost anyone, but that doesn't mean you'll like them.
Man, that is F-ing awesome!
That is truly a magical relationship. We've been married for only 3 years now. I look forward to the day I can happliy proclaim our 5, 10, 20 and 25th year wedding anniversary!
Congratulations!  :Thmbsup:

(05)As you may have noticed, I have a 'thing' for numbers.
At least once per day, without trying to, I see sequences of numbers on my digital devices.
While driving, I'll glance at my radio, the time will be 12:34pm. I'll wake up early in the morning to use the restroom, look at my phone, the time will be 5:43. We drove to Las Vegas one year, from Fort Worth TX. I forgot to reset my trip odometer, when I realized it at a stop light, my miles driven were 1,234. NO KIDDING!
As an aspiring web developer/designer, it is a constant struggle to cope with my ADHD + Hypomania/Bipolar Disorder.

The slow growth of my web dev projects is eclipsed by my patience, understanding and desire to learn AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE as I slowly progress.

X_____jamjammo_____

Jammo the OrganizedFellow

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • OrganizedFellow
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #93 on: June 30, 2009, 02:45 AM »
(5) I was in love with my very cute cousin from when I was 9 to 11 years old. We were born on the same day in the same year. We pretended to secretly 'date' for almost two years at family gatherings. I don't regret it. She's still freakin' hot! Now, we laugh about it to this day and wonder what could have come from forbidden tween love other than genetic disaster. (Don't you judge me! She looked like this).
ha, same here.

My cousin is 2 years younger.
As young teens, we were neighbors. I was the cool kid on the bus who got OFF the bus with Elena. HA, they never knew we were cousins. Man o MAN, were they jealous!?!?  :P

My secret crush was no secret. She confronted me one day. Asked if I was gonna do something about it?!
We planned to kiss in the backyard after supper one day. I was petrified. Went to backyard (stone wall fencing), and hid along wall. She heard me. She whispered.
I fearfully ran back into the house after a single mesmerizing peck on the lips.
That was over 20 years ago now.
 :-*
She now lives in Dallas while I live in Fort Worth. We both moved to the metroplex for different reasons the same summer.
We see each other on rare occasions. When we are together, we totally inseparable and my wife and she get along perfect - best friends.

I love computers. Can't code. Enjoy web design & development. Although I can't retain things.
Am always referencing online material, tutorials, snippets, in order to code a web page. I can not code a simple HTML page without 'cheating'.
My most recent 'project' took over 6 months to complete. My own homepage has been blank for years haha

I always send text message with full sentence, and I never abbreviate. No 'LOL' or 'IMHO' or 'OMG'.
I spell out haha, oh shit instead of OMG, or I clearly state my humble opinion.

My hair was once as long as this:
http://2.bp.blogspot...antonio_banderas.jpg
but I had a compulsion to pull my own hair out WHILE sleeping. I'd wake up with hair knotted around my fingers.
End result:
http://www.flickr.co...edfellow/3453127371/
Everyone says I look better shaven, I agree.

I talk too much if given the chance.
For example: this post and my previous one?! haha, sorry folks, I love these kinds of threads. :)
As an aspiring web developer/designer, it is a constant struggle to cope with my ADHD + Hypomania/Bipolar Disorder.

The slow growth of my web dev projects is eclipsed by my patience, understanding and desire to learn AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE as I slowly progress.

X_____jamjammo_____