topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday March 19, 2024, 2:00 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Idea for a useful tool for windows  (Read 8738 times)

ranmaphreak

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Idea for a useful tool for windows
« on: December 26, 2008, 02:30 PM »
Ok, I have been searching the net high and low and it appears no one has done it right yet. I am looking for someone to create a good Windows Explorer Context Menu Editor. Most of the ones out there are to bulky and just add a sub menu to the current context menu however i have yet to find a single one that dose exactly what I want. For example if you have Winrar installed on your PC the biggest problem is they put every single thing that Winrar can do in the context menu. I find this to be a bit much and like the way 7-zip has done it better however If i must use winrar i must have all of these items on my context menu cluttering it up. I mean i do use alot of the tools but it would be nice to put them away neatly into there own sub folder. I also use several different Video Players. MPC, VLC, WMP, ext and I would like to be able to set up a Play Sub folder in the context menu to be able to then choose what player i use as well as use one of those players as a Default but only for extensions such as .avi, .mpg, based on the extension. Mouser I have used tons of your software before and have found you are defently right on ball with alot of your software and i think you could do this right however I also understand if you are busy to make this tool if anyone would make this tool and make it efficiently and not so my context menu gets clogged up any worse than it already is it would be greatly appreciated.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Idea for a useful tool for windows
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 04:28 PM »
Well... with WinRar you DO have the option of having its context menu entries placed into a sub-folder. Open winRar, go to Options -> Settings -> Integration and then in the lower right you'll see "Shell Integration". The middle of the options is "Cascaded context menus".

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 04:35 PM »
PS what OS are you running? If you're running XP, MMM from Hace productions is quite useful for this kind of thing.

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 05:33 PM »
I am with Darwin on this one. It's the (IMHO) the best one of the (not so big) bunch.

Target

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 05:28 PM »
or perhaps <a href="http://thesoftpro.tr...wnloads/fe/index.htm">Fast Explorer</a>

ranmaphreak

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2008, 09:35 PM »
You guys are flipping awesome I am so glad i ask these questions on here.

robinsiebler

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 06:38 PM »
I looked at Fast Explorer, but for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to use it.  And the online help is next to useless.  >:(
Happiness is laced with shards of pain