topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 10:14 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Thinking about a DonationCoder.com fundraising thing and a celebration..  (Read 40292 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
i thought of another possible real benefit of ads (again remember they would only normally be shown to non-members), which is that as more authors join the site, any ad revenue on their pages can go directly to them, so this could potentially offer a way to share some revenue more easily with other coders.  same thing with reviewers - im quite willing to have any ad revenue from review pages go to the reviewer - and this could really be a nice way to suplement any donations that a reviewer would be likely to get.  this could be a really nice thing actually.

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Mouser, also on top of Google ads, consider adding the occasional random donation post like they do over at Crooks and Liars (keep scrolling down the page there until you see a link). It seems unobtrusive and they even carry a simple "Make a Donation" button that's cool.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
i don't see it, could you explain what exactly you are talking about?

ps.
i have been writing some nice flexible php code to handle the display of any ads, so it will be very easy to occasionally show our own custom images instead of ads sometimes.

i was actually thinking we should pick out our favorite freewares and freeware sites that don't get the attention they deserve and make some of our own "ads" for them to be added randomly to the mix.

brotherS

• Master of Good Ideas
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
adding the occasional random donation post like they do over at Crooks and Liars (keep scrolling down the page there until you see a link).
That's a good idea!

http://img435.imageshack.us/img435/4576/makeadonation8wh.png
Thinking about a DonationCoder.com fundraising thing and a celebration..