topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:47 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: YouTube Audio Problems  (Read 9330 times)

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
YouTube Audio Problems
« on: August 17, 2007, 01:41 AM »
Sometimes when I'm watching a YouTube video I can't hear any audio. I know there is/should be audio because, for instance, the video I'm trying to watch now is music that has been posted for hundreds/thousands of other people to see.

Are there certain codecs I should get or any ideas why some videos have no audio? Also, I'm not certain that it is limited to just YouTube, but since that is the primary video website, I've definitely noticed it there.

tinyvillager

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: YouTube Audio Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 02:01 AM »
Everything Youtube is encoded in flash,maybe fiddle around with uninstalling and reinstalling adobe flash.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 08:24 PM »
Well I found the pattern, but I still don't know what the problem is.

When I'm on YouTube.com the audio works. But when the video is embedded on another website, I don't hear anything. Any ideas?

skywalka

• Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 11:13 PM »
Well I found the pattern, but I still don't know what the problem is.

When I'm on YouTube.com the audio works. But when the video is embedded on another website, I don't hear anything. Any ideas?
I have the same problem.

p3lb0x

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • Beer, beer, beer, I'm going for a beer!
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 08:09 AM »
I have had the same problem but for some reason its gone now.
i dont remember what i did tho
Stop mousering people so much - Mouser

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 11:27 AM »
YouTube videos that are embedded on other sites are now playing sound for me too. Does the player look different to anyone else? I think they changed something.

I e-mailed YouTube support a few days ago and told them about the problem. With Typical outsourced Indian support they asked me for a specific URL of my troubles. I reiterated that any site besides YouTube.com was giving me audio problems and they didn't say anything back to me. I got a survey in my e-mail asking how happy I was with the support. I left a negative review because they didn't solve anything.

Then I turned on a video from another site and behold! Audio!

Anyone else who has had this problem recently find it fixed today?

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 01:07 PM »
Yes, YouTube is testing a new page, and they gave a little redesign to the player. And the embedded player in other sites is even more different. If that's what are you asking... as for the sound problem, everything is fine here. Maybe you deactivated sound and that got carried over to other sites? It happened to me a few times before, and some sites were ignoring it. I think it's a cookie problem...
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 01:09 PM by Lashiec »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 01:39 PM »
Yes, YouTube is testing a new page, and they gave a little redesign to the player. And the embedded player in other sites is even more different. If that's what are you asking... as for the sound problem, everything is fine here. Maybe you deactivated sound and that got carried over to other sites? It happened to me a few times before, and some sites were ignoring it. I think it's a cookie problem...

If you mean the mute button on the video player, I didn't have it on mute. I could watch a video on my Google Reader RSS feeds with no audio, click the link to the actual site the article was featured on and still have no audio, then click the video to take me to YouTube.com where the audio would work perfectly.

Anyway, the new player seems to have fixed the problem.