topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:03 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Should I add desktop screencast(movie) recording to ScreenshotCaptor?  (Read 18971 times)

f0dder

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • [Well, THAT escalated quickly!]
    • View Profile
    • f0dder's place
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
callouts?
rubberstamp?

I don't think PDF belongs in SSC, it would add too much luggage... but being able to trigger capture from the commandline could be useful.
- carpe noctem

hubi

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Like some of the others did not realise there are free alternatives but if you add as a plugin and it is not too much effort then yes.

However if you could turn your attention to the auto-refresh bug ...  ;)

peterg19

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Apologies ahead of time for resurrecting an old topic.

If you are still considering adding a screencast feature to ScreenShotCaptor as an add-in I vote a huge YES!  Here is my supporting argument.

I found DonationCoder after a desperate search for what ProcessTamer does.  It was so great I started seeing what other softwares were available.  I saw ScreenShotCaptor and said to myself "Oh no, no another one".  Of course I was wrong, it is a great and unique addition to the tools I use every day and has replaced any other screen captor program I was using.  Although there are other products that do screen casting I am sure you will add a certain flavor to it eventually and it will be as unique and wonderful as ScreenCaptor is.  We surely would be worse off if you had asked the same question for ScreenShotCaptor and everyone said "nah, it's already been done for free."

Please reconsider adding this feature and thanks for for all your efforts.