topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 7:16 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: What are your favourite Outlook plugins?  (Read 13148 times)

masu

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
What are your favourite Outlook plugins?
« on: March 19, 2007, 07:29 AM »
What are your favourite Outlook plugins?
Find+Run Robot 2.90.01
Windows 7

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: What are your favourite Outlook plugins?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 08:19 AM »
I use a number of Outlook plugins with Outlook 2003, but only two are indispensible: SpamBayes and Shutdown Add-in.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 04:48 AM »
My favourites are SPAMfighter, Evernote and Natural Reader :Thmbsup:

Armando

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

Krazy Hawaiian

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 01:25 PM »
Gmail.  :Thmbsup:    I try not to use Outhouse except for my ISP main email which I rarely use so it stays clean. I am hooked on Google mail completely. It's so handy to have almost 3gigs of stuff stored in a place that you can access from all over the world. I have a bunch of stuff I use to help friends get there comps running with stored in my Google account.

Plus the 10Mb attachment size lets you send just about anything you want. There is a splitter joiner tool that automatically cuts files and sends them so you can send huge files through your Google account.  For a while the movie pirates were using Google to trade 700Mb divx movies!
The more I learn about women,
The more I love my Motorcycle!  :D

fkform

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 02:00 PM »
I use Lookout to do a search in Outlook.  I find the default search to be s.l.o.w.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2008, 10:52 AM »
My favourites are SPAMfighter, ...

This post just to inform that SPAMfighter right now is writing a version for Thunderbird.

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 11:13 AM »
I use Outlook and I was about to post a request for some suggestions on some very precise needs

The first one is that i use Outlook's categories as "tags" and tend to put all my read email in one big "processed email" folder, and then I use sort by categories, and a few category related virtual folders (for large categories). The problem is that this doesnt allow me to drill down quickly and i end up using search all the time.

What i would really like is a way to use categories/tags to organise content, then have an easy way to drill down without having to go to advanced search all the time.
I found one tagging add on at  www.taglocity.com but so far it hasnt wowed me but it seems all right. Theres also one being promised at www.sidefinder.net but i contacted them and nothing testable just yet.
I have found that there are autofilers, but i dont want to maintain a whole mountain of folders, even with the best searchable help (and most search technology doesnt work in an exchange environment all that well)

All in all I am most interested in a way to do multi-level sorts in outlook, in a dynamic and flexible way, or some much better search that is usable in a live,dynamic way

Taglocity is the best I have found so far, and I wondered if anyone had a better solution

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 11:23 AM »
One add on I have been testing at the moment is xobni, which mostly analyses contacts and emails to produce nice little profiles, for each contact, showing not only the history of interactions (and the wonderful "files exchanged with x" section listing all attachments sent or received, which means I only need to find an email from that person to find any attachment they sent me, i like that!) but also social features like who they are connected to, emailing patterns, and some quick overview tools

Its actually useful, especially the attachment feature (although i tend to delete attachments out of email to save on space), although not as useful as it could be (it falls down on things like how it deals with flagged items and todos etc.)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2008, 12:19 PM »
Thanks for the pointer to Xobni, iphigenie. I googled it after reading your post above (the day you posted it) and received my invite this morning. It has just about finished analyzing my data and I'm going to take it for a spin. Looks very intersting, though I wonder what all of that power is going to do to Outlook's resource needs...

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 09:10 AM »
iphigenie - I've started a thread about Xobni here, and wonder if you have any observations about it that you'd like to share there?

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 11:41 AM »
I'm away on a family emergency at the moment but when I get back I will, good idea :)

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2008, 01:17 PM »
Hope everything turns ok, iphigenie.