topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Saturday April 27, 2024, 1:08 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to apply complex rules on Ymail emails?  (Read 522 times)

kalos

• Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How to apply complex rules on Ymail emails?
« on: March 26, 2024, 03:23 PM »
Hello!

I had been unfortunate enough to have set up an email account long ago with Ymail and I have shared it alot so I cannot change it.

I really want to instantly run complex rules on incoming emails but Ymail has very limited options for that.

I tried to import my Ymail to my Gmail which has much better rules options but I end up with all emails being duplicated (Gmail cannot separate the two inboxes and merges all emails in one inbox).

Can you suggest a software or other way to be able to run rules on my Ymail emails?

My requirements are:
1) it needs to run 24/7 regardless if I have my devices (laptop, mobile etc) switched on, so it probably needs to be a cloud/web solution
2) it needs to enable complex rules to be set up with AND/OR/NOT operators, preferably wildcards etc
3) it needs to apply the rules immediately when an email is received (rather than after minutes) and update the email status also immediately on the Ymail server
4) it needs to be a robust, accurate solution
5) it needs to offer top privacy

Any recommendation?

Thanks!

sphere

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to apply complex rules on Ymail emails?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2024, 11:26 AM »
Cloud services are not exactly private.  I am pretty sure there are some selfhosted options out there that would do this.
Could you not just find an email client you like, that does complex rules (ie thunderbird) and run it on a pc (or rasbertyPI)?
It might not be instantaneous, but I think it would work.

Thunderbird also has a portable app. Not sure if its rules are up to what you are looking for. 

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to apply complex rules on Ymail emails?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2024, 05:47 AM »
Gmailify

If you have a Yahoo, AOL, Outlook, Hotmail, or select non-Gmail accounts, use Gmailify to get many of Gmail's features with that address.

To do this, link your account to Gmail. After you link your account, you can find your messages in your Gmail inbox, plus these features:

• Spam protection
  • Better mail notifications on mobile
  • Automatic email sorting based on type (Social, Updates, Promotions)
  • Faster search, with advanced search operators