topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 6:03 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: My OBS Plugins  (Read 8197 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
My OBS Plugins
« on: March 07, 2023, 07:35 AM »
I need a thread to link to all of my OBS plugins and addons.

Here's a few threads so far
OBS multi-line text plugin/enhancement - https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=52699
OBS Flip Screen Plugin and Modification - https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=52701
OBS Plugin for AutoZoomCrop using machine vision - https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=52634
Obs Youtube Timestamps, DelayedFade, custom browser CSS, Browser Timer, and more small OBS plugins and mods - https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=52727

Downloads are open source on github: https://github.com/dcmouser/obsPlugins
« Last Edit: January 01, 2024, 10:06 PM by mouser »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: My OBS Plugins
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 07:48 AM »
New OBS plugin and helper tools.

JrYouTubeChat

This is a combination of 3 "tools" to assist in interacting with your youtube audience during a livestream.  It includes: An OBS plugin dock, a python utility, and an html browser source.  Plus a small modification to the OBS source code.

What does it do:
  • First, a small modification to the OBS source, which is not strictly necessary, which automatically broadcasts a message when you select a youtube broadcast to connect to from the broadcast connect dialog.  This change makes everything that follows automatic.
  • Next, the OBS plugin goes through all of your scenes and sources and changes any browser source which links to a youtube chat to update to the current video id; this ensures any chat browser source is automatically updates to the current livestream
  • Next, the OBS plugin will (auto) launch a python script which connects to the youtube chat (not using youtube api which is rate limited but direct fetching of chat browser page and parsing results using Pytchat), and fetches all chat messages.
  • These chat messages are displaying in a listbox in the OBS dock.
  • The python script will also interface with a blink(1) hardware device to alert you with a physical rgb light if any configured keywords are mentioned.  This will let audience get your attention if there is something you should pay attention to.
  • Any item in the chat list of message can be double clicked, and websocket will be used to send a message to a special browser source you can add to a scene, which will display the highlighted message, along with any youtube avatar, in a lower thirds overlay (using exeldro's open source Downstream Keyere plugin).  See screenshot.  This can be used to highlight someones comment on screen when you want to react to it.  You can even configure and toggle automatic rotation through messages if you just want them shown as they come in.
  • Lastly, you can configure various hotkeys to move through the message list and toggle items, to facilitate using something like a streamdeck to control what's shown.

Screenshots:
jrYouTubeDemo2.pngMy OBS Plugins
options.pngMy OBS Plugins
jryoutubehotkeys.pngMy OBS Plugins
obsYoutubeBlink_ver001.png

Available with my other open source OBS plugins, though by no means easy to set up currently, at github: https://github.com/dcmouser/obsPlugins

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2023, 07:59 AM »
I also forgot to post about Dock Sets, a feature I coded for OBS (not a plugin requires changes to OBS source code which I submitted a pull request for but which never got accepted).
This let's you save and load your UI configuration of docks.  I use it to switch between a setup I use for livestreaming and one I use for editing and configuring:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 06:30 PM »
Video on my youtube chat plugin and tools:

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2023, 07:06 PM »
OH I love it!!  So glad you are doing cool things with OBS. 

Have you done anything with tally lights (lights that show if you are on air or not)?  I'm trying to do some automation with philips Hue lights and OBS....like i want the light to automatically turn on and be red if the virtual camera is on, or if it is streaming live, etc.  But the closest I can get is to set a toggle that turns it on or off, but it's not tied to the status, its manual.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2023, 02:21 AM »
It would be exceedingly easy to make a plugin that turned on or off a tally light like a usb blink(1) based on status of recording/streaming, and set the light color based on different status etc.
As long as you have an api to turn the lights on or off, it's very easy to react to OBS signals that are send when broadcasting/recording starts and stops.

superboyac

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2023, 01:14 PM »
It would be exceedingly easy to make a plugin that turned on or off a tally light like a usb blink(1) based on status of recording/streaming, and set the light color based on different status etc.
As long as you have an api to turn the lights on or off, it's very easy to react to OBS signals that are send when broadcasting/recording starts and stops.
So says you the master programmer!  I'll give it a shot.  There are a couple of us complaining about it.  There's a github I'll find later that uses MQTT or something, but when I tried it it crashed my OBS.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2023, 02:45 AM »
if you get yourself a blink(1) usb rgb light, I could probably whip up a little python or lua OBS script for you that showed different colors based on whether you were streaming, recording, etc.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2023, 04:18 PM »
New tool created, a custom plugin for Elgato Streamdeck to send user-configurable websocket messsages to OBS.  I pair this with a small custom OBS plugin to let me use streamdeck to do anything I want in OBS, but it could be used to communicate more generically with websocket tools.

sdPlusPlugin.pngMy OBS Plugins

I'm considering whether it might be worth it to extend this plugin to support multiple independent websocket servers (currently it just supports one).
« Last Edit: April 03, 2023, 01:39 AM by Deozaan, Reason: use thumbnail instead of huge full-size image »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2023, 08:23 AM »