topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:23 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: need suggestion on app for missing notification light in Andoid phone  (Read 2419 times)

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
I got a new android phone, MI 9 Actv.
But this phone do not have 'notification light'

I miss call or sms etc. and the blinking notification light helps me.

Now there are many 'notification light' app to solve this problem. I tried two but it did not work as expected.
Since many of us may be using such app, I need suggestion on one which is useful and works as expected.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Anand,
I have a phone with no notification led -- I'm not clear how an app would work if there's no led light. (EDIT// maybe the light is on the back? Have to confess here I've never had a phone with notification light...)

What are the expected and unexpected behaviours with an app?
Tom

x16wda

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
  • what am I doing in this handbasket?
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
See this article for one way to get around the missing notification LED. You still have an LED on your phone... the camera flash. The article is for Samsung or LG but others may do this too, and it mentions an app named Flash Alerts also.

But if you want LED notifications and have no dedicated LED for that, you'll have to share the camera flash. Or get a linked smartwatch.  :D
vi vi vi - editor of the beast

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
Hi Anand,
I have a phone with no notification led -- I'm not clear how an app would work if there's no led light. (EDIT// maybe the light is on the back? Have to confess here I've never had a phone with notification light...)

What are the expected and unexpected behaviours with an app?
Actually to solve this hardware problem, we have apps for it.
Search for "redmi 9 activate notification light" gives many apps link.

These apps actually run in background and check for notification from call, sms etc. and then show a colored circle, bar etc. at set place on the screen, even lock screen.

I tried two, and gave all rights required. It does not work when the actual sms, or miss call happens.
So was looking for the app, if anyone uses here for it.

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
See this article for one way to get around the missing notification LED. You still have an LED on your phone... the camera flash. The article is for Samsung or LG but others may do this too, and it mentions an app named Flash Alerts also.

But if you want LED notifications and have no dedicated LED for that, you'll have to share the camera flash. Or get a linked smartwatch.  :D
No I do not want to use the flash as I keep my phone down on table and the flash light at bottom will not be visible properly.