topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 7:41 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Looking for someone to fix and improve a set of PS1 and a PS2 emulators  (Read 3276 times)

Zero3K

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It would be nice if someone could fix and improve a set of PS1 and PS2 emulators. Their source code is available at https://github.com/Zero3K/hpsx64.

Zero3K

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The things to fix and improve are to fix a crash that happens when running a BIOS when it is built with the latest GCC, add the ability to save the BiosPath to its .hcfg and have it use it if it exists instead of prompting for it but prompt for it if the value isn't in the .hcfg, fix the gap in audio when emulating a PS2 game and add CHD support.

Zero3K

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I guess those things are too much for people to do.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Or they're just not interested because it's of no benefit to them ... you could always hire a freelancer.

Don't equate lack of interest, (or anything else), with lack of ability.

Zero3K

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Or they're just not interested because it's of no benefit to them ... you could always hire a freelancer.

1. I tried that, but he ended up not being able to do everything I asked of him.
2. Okay.

Zero3K

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
It crashes when I click File, Run (or press r) when running a build of either hps1x64 or hps2x64 that is compiled with any GCC version plus the ld.exe from binutils 2.36 but not when doing that when running a build of either hps1x64 or hps2x64 that is compiled with any GCC version plus the ld.exe from binutils 2.35. I have managed to pinpoint the line of code responsible. It is ( (func2) (rs->pCodeStart [ Index ]) ) (); in \hps1x64\src\r3000a\src\r3000a.cpp and in \hps2x64\src\r5900\src\r5900.cpp.

ibay770

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

1. I tried that, but he ended up not being able to do everything I asked of him.
2. Okay.

I would hire someone else then. For the right price you can get almost anything done.

Zero3K

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I know. It would be nice if I could find someone here to do it for free though. Can anyone fix the errors I get when trying to compile it with Visual Studio 2019? I have made a .sln that just needs them fixed. Maybe getting it to compile with that will fix the crash since it is using a different compiler/linker. If it no longer crashes, then getting it to also compile with MinGW's GCC would be helpful in order to see if it still crashes or not.