topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Driver Backup Utility  (Read 2333 times)

sphere

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Driver Backup Utility
« on: March 02, 2021, 08:04 PM »

Does anyone use or have a recommendations for a utility that can track and back-up the drivers on a Windows10 PC? Last month, my laptop's built in web camera stopped working.  I had difficulty locating the drivers for the camera from the manufacturer website because of the laptop's age and because it was running an "unsupported " OS.  The pc had XP on it when purchased. I then upgraded to Windows 7, and then I upgraded it to Windows 10.  Windows 10 upgrade utility took care of migrating the drivers during the upgrade.  I am not sure if it is using a manufacturer driver or a generic windows 10 driver.

This got me thinking about backing up drivers, after years of being able to find them when I need them.

Interestingly, enough the web cam started working again, and I would like to grab the drivers while it is working and visible in device manager.
Anyone have any experience with this?

5 tools to backup drivers RaymondCC

BGM

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • bgmCoder DC
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Driver Backup Utility
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 09:40 PM »
I like this program quite a bit:
It's called Double Driver (you know, like Double Dragon?)
https://double-drive...uptodown.com/windows

It's simple and straight forward.  No frills, no glitz, all native interface (probably written in Delphi or C++)

sphere

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2021, 10:21 PM »
I like this program quite a bit:
It's called Double Driver (you know, like Double Dragon?)
https://double-drive...uptodown.com/windows

It's simple and straight forward.  No frills, no glitz, all native interface (probably written in Delphi or C++)

Thank you. I will check it out.  From a quick glance, it does not look like it has been updated since 2010.  By any chance have you run it on Windows 10 64bit?

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2021, 08:48 PM »
Thank you. I will check it out.  From a quick glance, it does not look like it has been updated since 2010.  By any chance have you run it on Windows 10 64bit?

Yes, I can personally confirm that it works Windows 10, Windows Server 2016 and Windows Server 2019 too.