topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: TraceCovid  (Read 4037 times)

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
TraceCovid
« on: September 17, 2020, 02:41 PM »
I have this android app installed in my mobile.
From the department of health of Abu Dhabi

https://play.google....id=ae.tracecovid.app

I would like to find the very best one to recommend to my friends and receive news when someone is infected, or myself.

do you know the very best one ?

I suppose in Europe will be an app for Spain, but I don't know at the present time. I don't see TV or similar, so I ask....

:-* :P

Edited : Software is universal.

Can I use TraceCovid anywhere ?

"TraceCovid is a mobile app that allows users to detect another device with the same installed app and share proximity data with it. For example, when you are at a supermarket, upon close proximity with someone who has also installed the TraceCovid app as you do, the app on both your devices will exchange an encrypted Secure Tracing Identifier (STI) and store the exchanged STI locally on your devices. The STI consists of anonymised data and timestamp. No personally identifiable information is collected.

When one of the users is infected with the virus, the official authorities will request the infected user to upload the list of STI stored locally on his or her device. This enables the official authorities to react faster and reach out to possibly infected people to render the necessary health care, and potentially minimise the spread of the virus."

:-\
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 04:02 AM by Contro »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: TraceCovid
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2020, 03:04 PM »
I reckon that's got to be an app for your country -- search in Spanish, do a bit of research to see if what you find is recommended or not. You know how it goes.
Tom

flamerz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 04:05 PM »
Spanish app is radar covid, I think

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2020, 12:30 PM »
mmm. I deserve this.
Well. In USA is ready an app to detect if you have been in contact or near of an infected person ?

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2020, 12:33 PM »

In Spain Nothing...
AsusPortatil - 18_09_2020 , 18_31_48.pngTraceCovid

Recomendations and so, but the app like TraceCovid

Do you have one in your country specific ?

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2020, 12:39 PM »
I reckon that's got to be an app for your country -- search in Spanish, do a bit of research to see if what you find is recommended or not. You know how it goes.
Tomos where are you from ?
 ;D :-[
There is a specific app in your country now ?
Spain have nothing. The future app will be a great one of course with all respect to the privacy...

:)

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2020, 02:23 AM »

In Spain Nothing...

https://play.google....radarcovid&hl=en

2020-09-19 17_24_47-Radar COVID - Apps on Google Play - Opera.png

COVID Radar is the application designed and run by the Spanish Secretary of State for Digitization and Artificial Intelligence to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).

Radar COVID alerts you anonymously of the possible contact that you have had in the last 14 days with a person who has been infected using Bluetooth technology of low consumption.

FYI: COVID-19 appsw
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 02:29 AM by 4wd »

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2020, 03:45 AM »

In Spain Nothing...

[ Invalid Attachment ]

COVID Radar is the application designed and run by the Spanish Secretary of State for Digitization and Artificial Intelligence to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19).

Radar COVID alerts you anonymously of the possible contact that you have had in the last 14 days with a person who has been infected using Bluetooth technology of low consumption.

4wd you have seen the app TraceCovid

We are not talking the same....

But my real question is this.

Software is universal. Can I use TraceCovid ?

is based in interaction and GPS. Obviously I will not interact with a person in another country, bue TraceCovid may be useful in Spain....

:-*

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2020, 04:03 AM »

Can I use ? :

"TraceCovid is a mobile app that allows users to detect another device with the same installed app and share proximity data with it. For example, when you are at a supermarket, upon close proximity with someone who has also installed the TraceCovid app as you do, the app on both your devices will exchange an encrypted Secure Tracing Identifier (STI) and store the exchanged STI locally on your devices. The STI consists of anonymised data and timestamp. No personally identifiable information is collected.

When one of the users is infected with the virus, the official authorities will request the infected user to upload the list of STI stored locally on his or her device. This enables the official authorities to react faster and reach out to possibly infected people to render the necessary health care, and potentially minimise the spread of the virus."

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2020, 04:45 AM »
In what way aren't they the same?

They both detect and store ID info of devices running the same app that you have been in close proximity to, this enables authorities to potentially notify the owners of those devices in the event of one of the owners of said devices testing positive for COVID ... and then only if said person decides to upload that data.

Obviously, you would install the app that has the greatest public presence in your region otherwise why bother?

Put it another way:
You install an app designed for Australia, (COVIDSafe), but you have close to zero chance of meeting an Australian due to the lockdown on international flights, then you'll never be notified of a near miss in case someone in Australia tests positive.
Conversely, in the meantime you might have been exposed to half a dozen locals with the infection but you'll still never get notified because while they were running an app for that region, you were running one for Australia.

These apps do not all talk to each other through some central database, nor are they likely to use the same protocols to communicate to each, you only have to look at the Wiki page I pointed to, there is ~12 different protocols.

BTW, where exactly does it say that TraceCovid uses the GPS?
Like most other similar apps, it uses Bluetooth to detect another device running the app within a distance of around 3m, (and sometimes if it's only within that distance for a minimum period of time).
No location info is collected because they can get that from info provided by Google/Apple/carrier and the phone itself, (if they're allowed).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 06:38 AM by 4wd »

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2020, 06:36 AM »
In what way aren't they the same?

They both detect and store ID info of devices running the same app that you have been in close proximity to, this enables authorities to potentially notify the owners of those devices in the event of one of the owners of said devices testing positive for COVID ... and then only if said person decides to upload that data.

Obviously, you would install the app that has the greatest public presence in your region otherwise why bother?

BTW, where exactly does it say it uses the GPS?
Like most other similar apps, it uses Bluetooth to detect another device running the app with a distance of around 3m, (and sometimes if it's only within that distance for a minimum period of time).
No location info is collected because they can get that from info provided by Google/Apple/carrier and the phone itself, (if they're allowed).
You are right. Not use GPS, only bluetooth.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2020, 06:51 AM »
Other thing i am thinking is about the servers when received the informations.
The problem may be the servers of that app.
Internet is universal
The software is universal
Do you know if I can select the servers where I upload the data ?

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2020, 08:33 AM »

You can't and there's at least a dozen different protocols used for near device detection, see my edit above.

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2020, 11:31 AM »

You are right !
I begin a post in the solo arquitectura forum and they coincide. I was not able to see. Sorry then.
I will download radar covid.

The code is here

https://github.com/radarcovid

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :tellme: :tellme: :tellme:

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2020, 11:32 AM »

In Spain Nothing...

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Sorry....
 :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: :o :o :o

Contro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2020, 11:33 AM »

You can't and there's at least a dozen different protocols used for near device detection, see my edit above.
Understood.
I have been blind simply.
 :tellme: :tellme: :tellme: