topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:07 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: SkyIDE - Latest Release Information  (Read 114429 times)

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: SkyIDE - Latest Release Information
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2006, 04:41 PM »
Thanks Blaster :)

SkyIDE Beta 9 will be released in less then 24 hours. Many bug fixes and improvements especially with the Object Viewer, I think this time for the first time ever it works as it was first meant to work!

The biggest features in this release are the new Project Properties dialog which lets you add search paths (and some library paths) to any supported compiler (except for FreePascal - this will be added later), the support for creation of a Bakefile and the many improvements of the object viewer. Full release notes at the time of release :) The new project properties dialog is really good I think. I spent a lot of time working on this. I started from nearly 0% (I started from the Change Project Properties Dialog) and started adding features. This also lead me to completely re-writing the new project format which is now one file. Old SkyIDE projects are incompatible with versions starting from Beta 9 and up. I also enhanced the "Add New Project File" dialog, I changed the SkyIDE main menu structure and I modified the right click project menu (as a result of the enhanced Add New Project File dialog).

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 05:09 PM by SkyIDE »

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2006, 08:09 AM »
SkyIDE Beta 9 Released

[Announcement]: Old SkysIDE project files are incompatible with versions starting from Beta 9 and up. Project format needed a facelift badly.

[Added]: Project Properties dialog. Separate settings such as different #include paths and different library paths can be set for different compilers.
[Added]: Bakefile creation support
[Addes]: Added a code work around to make SkyIDE make Openwatcom C++ compile files with spaces. (Converting long paths into short programmatically)
[Addes]: Added a code work around to make SkyIDE make FreePascal compile files with spaces. (Same as above + SkyIDE no longer moves the source file)
[Added]: A full list of Digital Mars D keywords.
[Added]: File Properties Dialog from the File menu.

[Bugfix]: The Object Viewer and the Function bars ignored block comments when detecting stuff.
[Bugfix]: The Function bar picked up switch statements as function declarations.
[Bugfix]: The Function bar didn't pick up functions with line breaks in them.
[Bugfix]: The tab bar got misplaced when switching options on and off.
[Bugfix]: Alt+Tab no longer deletes characters.

[Improved]: The Object Viewer NO LONGER detects (already declared) variable re-assignments
[Improved]: In the Object Viewer, the appropriate node (E.g: for Loops, while Lopps) is only shown if such entry exists in file
[Improved]: When launching SkyIDE with the "Open Documents From Previous Session" option on, it will no longer auto-generate Document 1.
[Improved]: The Add New Project file dialog.
[Improved]: Re-organised the main menu bar and the right click compile menu.

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2006, 02:20 AM »
Beta 9 Update 2 Released.

If SkyIDE launched with the Open Last Files option and if none of those files are present on disk, one of SkyIDE's dynamic_cast(s) failed. This bug appeared as a result of a new feature that I added but it's fixed now.

A very serious error too! dynamic_cast returned NULL. -- Fixed

Thanks to my precautions of course, SkyIDE immediately closed to prevent further errors.

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #78 on: December 23, 2006, 04:34 AM »
I can't access my web server space. My domain is either attacked or the server is playing up. (I am not surprised) Whenever I try to connect I get a message on the status bar: Connection refused: Winsock error #10061. I have no trouble connecting to other servers. I have been spammed in my forums a lot. I don't understand why people abuse free service. It's sad really.

I can't update my web page. It's been like that for about 12 hrs.

Beta 10 progress: 

Improved: The Object Viewer - the variable detection section has been completely re-written. Everything should work now.

Added: Middle mouse button click or scroll wheel click brings up a list of open documents (Double clicking shows a document)
Added: Function viewers have been merged with the file inspector.
Added: Ctrl+Numeric+ and Ctrl+Numeric- zooms in/zooms out

Bugfix: goto no longer is mistaken as a variable
Bugfix: Fixed a dynamic_cast failure when canceling an Open Dialog (when no active files in SkyIDE)
Bugfix: Fixed some bugs with block comments
Bugfix: Fixed a typo with the function detection section

Connection refused: Winsock error #10061: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it. This usually results from trying to connect to a service that is inactive on the foreign host i.e. one with no server application running.

Hmm...interesting. The whole web site was down the other day (I lost count how many times this happened).

It has been extremely hot in Melbourne and I can't work/code on hot weather but still I have done some stuff. It's cooled down now for Christmas and we've had some rain but the drought remains....

Update: I am also re-designing the Options dialog. It will have a tree view on the left with sections and the contents on the right.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 05:06 AM by SkyIDE »

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #79 on: December 23, 2006, 05:21 AM »
Here is a screenshot of the new Options. This is work in progress. GUI widgets spacing will be fixed....

« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 05:26 AM by SkyIDE »

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #80 on: December 23, 2006, 05:50 AM »
Split-view, two files being edited in one window and code beautifier might be added. The code beautifier.....I hope there is an external tool that I can call to do the job otherwise it will take me ages to write such a tool.

Gothi[c]

• DC Server Admin
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • linkerror
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #81 on: December 23, 2006, 12:06 PM »
I think I remember seeing command-line source formatter/beautifier programs for C/C++, but
things might get tricky because you support more than just C/C++ in your IDE,...

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #82 on: December 24, 2006, 03:34 AM »
Thanks Gothi[c]

Here is something that I just got it to work properly (I think). This is really complicated. I hope no one gets Access Violations or dynamic_cast failures after I release Beta 10. These controls are added dynamically and the methods are attached dynamically.

These are multiple views per MDI Child. Each MDIChild/tab can have unlimitted multiple views such as this. The controls on the toolbars such as Cut/Copy/Paste etc, when clicked will reflect the view that is active however, the function vieweres, object viewers on the left will reflect the main view (the one which is created when New Document is selected). Some of you may argue why don't I make it so that when the second view is clicked, the function bar, object viewer updates accordingly. Well, it is seriously very complicated but there is a way. I am not sure whether I will have it for beta 10. Anyway, here is a screenie. I hope you like it.

« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 06:42 AM by SkyIDE »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #83 on: December 24, 2006, 11:06 AM »
nice  :up:

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #84 on: December 24, 2006, 04:44 PM »
Thanks, I changed things a bit. I think this is much better. Each view will have its own properties.

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #85 on: December 24, 2006, 06:14 PM »
Merry and Happy Christmas Everyone! I hope everyone enjoys the holidays.

Here in Melbourne it is 25/12/2006 :)

Here is the official Beta 10 screenshot explaining what has been done.

http://www.skyide.co...ages/temp/beta10.png

Along wiith...

Improved: The Object Viewer - the variable detection section has been completely re-written. Everything should work now.

Added: Middle mouse button click or scroll wheel click brings up a list of open documents (Double clicking shows a document)

Bugfix: Fixed a dynamic_cast failure when canceling an Open Dialog (when no active files in SkyIDE)

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2007, 07:14 AM »
Have a Happy and Prosperous New Year!

SkyIDE Beta 10 Released

Improved: Completely redesigned the Options dialog. Now there is a pane on the left showing your sections in a tree-like structure
Improved: Added new styles to the editor

Added: Multiple views per tab. Each tab can have multiple split-views
Added: View Document Spaces Option from the View menu. Marks spaces in your file.
Added: File->New->C++ Unit added. It creates a C++ Source file and a C++ Header file simultaneously.
Added: WordWrap mode now shows arrows on each wrapping point.

Bugfix: Find function declaration did not work properly. It should work now. To use: Left click on function and then right click.
Bugfix: Open/Show Source/Header file bug fix. Irrelevant error messages and failure to find the files (sometimes)
Bugfix: Added extra code to the variable detection system to make it more precise.
Bugfix: Completely re-written the section that bookmarks your integers, floats etc..
Bugfix: Completely re-written the section that extracts your integers, floats, functions....
Bugfix: Dev Tools->Comment Stream, Comment Box and Comment Block did nothing
Bugfix: When changing between tabs, the page bar page was always set to the first one (quite annoying)
Bugfix: switch no longer is mistaken as a function

http://www.skyide.co...oads/SkyIDE_Beta.zip

My objective: Well, before I make my IDE work 100% like other ones, first I want to fix all bugs with the existing features and add features that others don't have. I know SkyIDE is missing a Debugger. Next I will consider adding  support for Cygwin and I will have to do a bit of a research on adding a Debugger.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 07:34 AM by SkyIDE »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2007, 08:08 AM »
It's a real pleasure to watch SkyIDE develop.  :up:

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2007, 01:35 PM »
Thanks Jesse :)

So that everybody knows, that screenshot on top is out of date now.

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2007, 03:18 AM »
Sorry guys, there are absolutely no updates at this stage. I have been battling with my PC for the last week. I think my Gigabyte motherboard is faulty and if the guys at the PC shop don't replace it and they send it to service instead, things aren't looking very good at all :( My PC is only month and a half old. Doesn't Gigabyte have 3 months replacement warranty? In case they mess me around, I could say it to them.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2007, 03:26 AM »
Don't fear!
Almost all motherboard companies will simply ship you a replacement, no questions asked.

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2007, 03:56 AM »
That's encouraging :) Thanks Jesse. I will be to their shop fisrt thing in the morning :D I better grab my serial number of the board in case they say "we replaced it" but they didn't, they may just update the BIOS. This *is* a hardware issue.

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2007, 04:59 AM »
I didn't take the PC to the shop. I managed to resolve most of the issues. I am trying to setup Cygwin now. I have never ran Cygwin before but some people asked me if I can support Cygwin so I will see what I can do.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #93 on: January 11, 2007, 06:51 AM »
cygwin uses gcc, the options should be same as your existing mingw32 options.

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #94 on: January 11, 2007, 02:13 PM »
Thanks Jesse. I am bit confused and I am not sure what people want and which way to make it work.

If SkyIDE supports, Cygwin, what is the behavior to be expected?

1. They launch SkyIDE.
2. When compiling, I need to detect whether they are working within the Cygwin directory.
   |
   |
   ---> If so, convert POSIX paths into Win32 paths
        |
        |
        ----->When done, call the GCC compiler BUT pass /cygwin/etc/......instead of C:\cygwin...?

Or is it something else? I am not new to Linux/Unix but I am new to Cygwin.

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #95 on: January 11, 2007, 03:49 PM »
I cannot of course speak for the requesters, but I would assume they want to be able to compile against the Cygwin libraries. You can run setup.exe from the Cygwin site and select all of the development stuff and it will grab all of the header files for the libraries.

Gothi[c]

• DC Server Admin
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • linkerror
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2007, 02:19 AM »
It all depends on how far they want you to go with your cygwin support. Do they want you to detect library paths, include paths from cygwin environment variables etc, or just simple compiling functionality,...?

Either way, since you support bakefile they should be able to compile their projects in cygwin with bakefile/autoconf/gcc already.

SkyIDE

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #97 on: January 13, 2007, 12:35 AM »
Thanks guys, I will see what I can do :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #98 on: January 13, 2007, 03:18 AM »
i think the answer to this should be fairly straightforward.  like dev-c++ and relo and others,
there should be no need to detect path of project, etc.

The user should be able to configure the location of the gcc exe and build tools bin directory they want to use for the compiler.

If you want to compile with mingw32, you specify the path to that gcc.exe in the compiler settings.
If you want to compile with cygwin, you specify the path to that gcc.exe in the compiler settings.

Nothing more, nothing less.  as far as i can imagine.

Gothi[c]

• DC Server Admin
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • linkerror
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #99 on: January 13, 2007, 01:05 PM »
Mingw isn't Cygwin though. While Mingw is mostly just compiler (minus msys), Cygwin is a complete unix emulation suite for windows, which is Posix compatible, it can have libraries and sources installed 'system-wide'(cygwin-wide if you will), which when you normally run a ./configure in cygwin are detected automatically and can be linked against, that's what I was talking about anyway,...