topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:17 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Annoying Brave browser 'brave rewards' pop-ups  (Read 13297 times)

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Annoying Brave browser 'brave rewards' pop-ups
« on: February 11, 2020, 12:44 PM »
I'm getting annoying Brave browser 'brave rewards' pop-ups. How can I shut that off? I don't care about their 'rewards', I just want the pop-ups to stop.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Annoying Brave browser 'brave rewards' pop-ups
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2020, 01:24 PM »
Have you looked in the settings?
Tom

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2020, 02:52 PM »
I'm getting annoying Brave browser 'brave rewards' pop-ups. How can I shut that off? I don't care about their 'rewards', I just want the pop-ups to stop.

You did this to yourself.

Brave Rewards are opt-in by default. This means they were off and you went into the settings and enabled them.

Click the triangle to the right of the address bar, click Rewards Settings, and then turn off what you don't want.

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2020, 06:09 AM »
I found Brave Rewards Settings and turned off the pop-up; but now my 'new' home page has a purple nag-tag picture that begs me to turn it back on. Why do companies of great products insist on ripping off or otherwise annoying their loyal patrons? This is getting old fast. I wonder how popular (as in 'un-') the obnoxious Sales staff is with the rest of Brave's crew.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 08:45 AM by holt »

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2020, 11:00 AM »
You can also disable that.

In fact, you can remove everything on the New Tab page:

Brave New Tab Customization.pngAnnoying Brave browser 'brave rewards' pop-ups

Make sure you also disable "Show Sponsored Images" or that purple bar will show up when there's a sponsored image to tell you that you could be getting paid to see that image by enabling Rewards.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 11:08 AM by Deozaan »

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2020, 03:59 PM »
You can also disable that.

In fact, you can remove everything on the New Tab page:

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Make sure you also disable "Show Sponsored Images" or that purple bar will show up when there's a sponsored image to tell you that you could be getting paid to see that image by enabling Rewards.
Yes!!!!!!! Thank you Deozaan!  :Thmbsup:

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2020, 02:00 PM »
I found Brave Rewards Settings and turned off the pop-up; but now my 'new' home page has a purple nag-tag picture that begs me to turn it back on. Why do companies of great products insist on ripping off or otherwise annoying their loyal patrons? This is getting old fast. I wonder how popular (as in 'un-') the obnoxious Sales staff is with the rest of Brave's crew.

Glad that Deo got it for you... but Patron?  Sales?  Last I checked, the browser was free...

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2020, 03:25 PM »

Glad that Deo got it for you... but Patron?  Sales?  Last I checked, the browser was free...
Mm, OK, I paid -and pay- nothing; perhaps what I was attempting to allude to might loosely be termed 'patron of the arts'; and 'sales staff' as in 'promotional dept'? Whoever likes to dream up purple 'nag-tag' pop-ups.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2020, 10:35 PM »
The BAT is one of the reason that a lot of people are drawn to the browser and one of the features, so I guess it depends on their focus.

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2020, 04:11 PM »
The BAT is one of the reason that a lot of people are drawn to the browser and one of the features, so I guess it depends on their focus.
I apologize if I seemed unduly harsh on what actually appears to be a meritorious arrangement.