I am not sure how much of this info is relevant, so I will provide it all.
- I have a Dell Precision M4800 laptop with Windows 10 Pro.
- I have this port replicator docking station.
- I have a set of external speakers plugged into the 3.5mm headphone jack of the docking station.
- I have 2 sets of these wireless bluetooth headphones. (one to use while other is charging)
- When the speakers are plugged in, they become the default for sound.
- When either pair of headphones are connected while the speakers are plugged in, there is no sound through the headphones. Sound continues to come from the speakers, only.
- I must unplug the speakers for the headphones to work.What I want to happen:
pair of headphones are connected, Windows should prefer them over the speakers, automatically cut the sound from the speakers, and allow me to listen through the headphones. (without having to unplug the speakers)
Is there a way to make that happen?