topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:33 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: N.A.N.Y. 2020 Release: Mass JSON Editor  (Read 4354 times)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
N.A.N.Y. 2020 Release: Mass JSON Editor
« on: January 01, 2020, 01:48 PM »
NANY 2020 Entry Information

Application Name Mass JSON Editor
Version 1.0.0
Short Description A follow on to last year's NANY project Mass JSON Viewer, I've updated it and added the ability to edit.
Web Page in progress
Download Link https://my.pcloud.co...HrpTgNH3tapGe0smPxW7

Description
A follow on to last year's NANY project Mass JSON Viewer, I've updated it and added the ability to edit. Well, it's more like an overhaul, using some techniques and controls as a starting point for the features.  I haven't had as much time as usual, so there's still features that I can add, though the ones that are there are the ones that I needed to begin with, i.e. the ability to see what Newtonsoft did with the JSON, and cut and paste nodes and replace them.  I wanted to add the ability to edit in place, but that one fell by the wayside in the interest of getting it completed for what it was needed.

Features

Select a folder, and the application will iterate the folder, showing the json files contained within.  You can add objects, add arrays, remove any node, and copy and paste the nodes elsewhere - even replacing them.  ou can also edit the values in the area to the side where the type is shown. You can also save the changed file- overwriting your original file, or as a different file.

Screenshots

MassJSONEditor.pngN.A.N.Y. 2020 Release: Mass JSON Editor

Installation

Just copy it where you want and run it!

Uninstallation
Just delete the folder.  It creates nothing anywhere else.

Other Notes

It's not very user friendly- if you switch to a different file before saving your changes, it will not warn you.  There is no undo.  It is slower than I'd like, so after you open a folder, there is a bit of a wait for very large JSON files.  I unfortunately haven't found anything with a similar featureset.