topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:45 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: NANY 2019: Mass JSON Viewer  (Read 11338 times)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
NANY 2019: Mass JSON Viewer
« on: December 28, 2018, 11:35 PM »
NANY 2019 Entry Information

Application NameMass JSON Viewer
Version1.0
Short DescriptionList, View, and Validate/Format JSON files in a directory
Supported OSesWindows
Web Page ---
Download Linkhttps://my.pcloud.co...QIzACdLwd9FysBEd0zAy
System Requirements
  • Tested on Windows 10
  • .NET 4.5.2

Mass JSON Viewer
Overview
In response to the thread on a G+ Takeaway viewer, and my own needs, I decided to write something that would do the same thing as the Mass HTML Viewer, but for JSON files.

This application is quite simple - you click on the little folder icon, and point it towards a directory, and it lists all files with a .json or .txt extension.  If you click on a file, it will load it to the right.  If you click on the validate button next to the folder icon, it will try to validate then format the JSON, and display it in the area below.

Planned Enhancements

• Better reporting of errors in the JSON
  • The ability to combine files into one JSON file
  • Actually planning to make this a wider application, by including HTML, and XML formatted by an XSLT, as I have to do both of those regularly.
  • Enhance the UI to make it a bit friendlier

Installation
Mass JSON Viewer requires .NET 4.5.2.  If you have Windows 10, you probably already have it.  If not, you can get it from Microsoft.

After you download Mass JSON Viewer, unzip it where ever you want to run it from, and run MassJSONViewer.exe.

Uninstall
To uninstall, just delete the folder where you unzipped the archive.

Documentation
As Mass JSON Viewer is intended to be rather simplistic, there's not much to using it.  Anytime you run it, the following screen will be shown.

Mass_JSON_Viewer.png

From right to left, the toolbar at the top has the following functions:

• Exit the application
  • About this Application
  • Launch the Help Screen
  • Validate loaded File
  • Choose Directory

License Terms

Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to use the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use and copy the software package, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do the same. Distribution and publication shall be allowed also without direct cost to the user, other than reasonable costs of such distributions, such as for the media on which the software is published will also be also allowed after permission is granted based on terms of such payment being submitted for approval. In all cases shall the distribution of the software be subject to the following conditions:

The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software, and a link to the original site for the software (http://www.thinkshui...re/mass-json-viewer/) shall be included in prominent view on any site where a download is hosted.

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

Note that if you paid money for this software, ask for it back!

Changelog

1.0.0.02018-12-29Initial Release
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 12:06 AM by wraith808 »

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: NANY 2019: Mass JSON Viewer
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 07:54 AM »
Does this have an edit option?

If so...do you think it could handle a rather large file (660,000+ items)?

-Stephen

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 08:25 AM »
It does not have an edit option, though I can look at adding that.  I'm not sure about being able to handle very large files - it uses Newtonsoft JSON.NET to manipulate the JSON, and is supposed to be highly performant, and I know that I've manipulated some very large datasets with it, but not sure how large.

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 08:29 AM »
If you added an edit option, and it doesn't crap my computer out when I load the file...I'll love you forever :D

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 10:11 AM »
I'd say try it now with your massive file and see if it works to view it.  That might give an indication if it would be able to edit it.

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 10:15 AM »
Downloading :)

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 10:18 AM »
It opened it almost instantly O_O

However...it's all loaded on a single line and doesn't have a side-scroll bar, so I only see like 15 of the 600,000+ items haha

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 12:01 PM »
Hmmm... that's strange.  It should have formatted it.  Let me take a look.  Still slammed at work (they terminated my boss with no warning or reason, so I'm picking up the pieces O_O).  But I'll try to get to this in the next few days.

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 12:33 PM »
Hmmm... that's strange.  It should have formatted it.  Let me take a look.  Still slammed at work (they terminated my boss with no warning or reason, so I'm picking up the pieces O_O).  But I'll try to get to this in the next few days.

No worries :)