topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 2:34 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: where is the options page?  (Read 4452 times)

nofat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
where is the options page?
« on: December 08, 2018, 12:27 PM »
My print screen button on the keyboard does not trigger a capture. I want to set up a Hotkey but I cannot figure how to get to the options page. Anyone tell me how? Thanks.
Tom

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: where is the options page?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 12:38 PM »
My print screen button on the keyboard does not trigger a capture. I want to set up a Hotkey but I cannot figure how to get to the options page. Anyone tell me how? Thanks.
Tom

What software?  I'm assuming you mean screenshot captor?  But not sure if that's correct.

If it is screenshot captor, then right click on the icon in the taskbar notification area, and half-way up, there's a Preferences option.  In the dialog that appears, choose The Basics >> HotKeys and Shortcuts.

Let us know in any case so that this topic can be moved to the correct subsection and you can get the help that you need with it.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 02:07 PM »
My print screen button on the keyboard does not trigger a capture.

If you are talking about Screenshot Captor, you might also want to see here for what might be stealing the PrtScr button:
https://www.donation...ndex.php?topic=41993

nofat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 04:55 PM »
I am using screen captor. I am trying to find the taskbar notification area to right click on, but haven't found it yet. Thanks for the help, I'm old and slow, but I've used Screenshot Captor for years and never had a problem until I upgraded last week. I did have to set up a different hotkey before, but I can't remember how to get to the options preferences page.
Tom

nofat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 05:41 AM »
I finally found the icon to right click on to get the options page and set up a hot key that works. Thank you very much. It seems a rather obscure place and method to find the options page, but I'm glad to have found it.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2018, 10:27 AM »
I finally found the icon to right click on to get the options page and set up a hot key that works. Thank you very much. It seems a rather obscure place and method to find the options page, but I'm glad to have found it.
hi nofat,
some more info below which might be of interest.
(SC = Screenshot Captor)

the 'tray' (also know as the notifications or system tray) down there bottom-right is often used  for software that is normally left running, but itn't usually very actively used.

Windows also has a habit of hiding a lot of the icons shown there. I'm using Windows 7 -- screenshot show how to choose which icons will always display (i.e. without having to click the arrow to show them)

Screenshot - 2018-12-09 , 17_22_10.png

The SC tray icon right-click menu has a lot of possibilities and already allows you to do a lot with SC (including changing some settings).

If you have a Screenshot Captor desktop icon, you can (also) double-click that to open the main window. Options etc. can be found in the menus there. Skimming the Options will give you an idea of the capability of SC. Best of luck with it :-)
Tom

nofat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2018, 11:25 AM »
Tomos,
Thanks so much for that tip. I've been using screen captor for almost 10 years and I never knew that. I love the program, but I realize there's so much I don't know about it. Thanks again.
Tom