topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:29 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Storm the House  (Read 7222 times)

KenR

• Super
  • Blogger
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Storm the House
« on: August 02, 2006, 08:03 PM »
Here's a fun game to try. It starts a bit slow, but becomes more fun and challenging as you play.

from www.stumbleupon.com
Kenneth P. Reeder, Ph.D.
Clinical Psychologist
Jacksonville, North Carolina  28546
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 08:11 PM by KenR »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Storm the House
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 08:12 PM »
ps. spacebar reloads

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2006, 01:03 AM »
Hehe, very cool actually. The strategy element adds a lot! I got to day 12 and then somehow missed that the enemy now had a rocket dude that my missible battery wasn't hitting and it took down my fortifications pretty quick. :( I was looking forward to seeing what the sniper rifle did too. :D

- Oshyan

JavaJones

• Review 2.0 Designer
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 07:23 PM »
*phew*! OK I just finished my final marathon session with this one. For some reason I really liked this game, but I'm glad it's done with. It's all too easy to waste time with!

By the end I had 500 ammo, 201 gunmen, 25 crafstman, 100 silo workers, 1000 base hit points, all upgrades (sniper, etc.) and had reached level 58. My monthly salary was $200,150. That's when about 30 tanks on screen at once clogged up the screen so much that I couldn't get 'em all. My only regret is I might have survived if I'd had more craftsman. I was saving up to get 25 more for a total of 50. But there were diminishing returns so this may not have helped either. 100 silo workers were barely better than 50, and 50 not all that much better than 25.

The worst thing was the rockets were barely effective against the tanks, who come in swarms in later levels. Things started to get slow, too, so it was hard to know what had been destroyed and what still need a-killin'. This was on an Athlon 64 X2 4200+ and with Flash set to Low quality. :P I'm thinking the designer didn't really think about how the later levels would work, they probably just setup a linear increase in the number of enemies and left it at that. I did notice the increase in enemies started to taper off around level 30 though.

I know I'm going on endlessly about this and nobody probably cares, but I had to tell someone, lol. This really is one of the more fun web games I've played in a long time. Simple and mindless enough to just pick up and play for a while, but also with an interesting strategy element. If a sequel were made I'd really like to see more upgrades and more powerful weapons. In the later levels you really need something like an ion cannon or nuclear blast. :D

- Oshyan

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 09:48 AM »
ahah... crazy game!
The beggining is really cool, but after you get all the upgrades, it gets too repetitive.
I got all the upgrades, 250 gunmen, 70 craftsmen and 50 silo workers on level 47, then i just gave up, because it still needed my intervention. That's because nothing's really efective against taks  :huh:
I definitelly support the cannon or nuclear blast :D

Also, it should have a sniper machine gun, so that we wouldn't have to always be clicking around, and could just keep the left mouse button pressed.
For the later levels, the following ahk script should be used:

loop
{
  send,{lbutton}
  sleep,100
}

8)

Dell[a]

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 03:11 PM »
ack, just another game about killing people....