topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday March 18, 2024, 11:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How can i get a 'Desktop ALERT' to pop up, when i have New email in Outlook Exp6  (Read 5996 times)

screenshot1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How can i get a 'Desktop ALERT' to pop up, when i have' New' email in Outlook Express 6 ( Like 'Outlook' has ???)
I am using Windows 7 .... Is it somehow possible, or does anybody know of a programe i can get to do this feature ???
  :Thmbsup:

rawlings

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2018
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You need to use 3rd party application.
I recommend http://www.poppeeper.com/

screenshot1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
You need to use 3rd party application.
I recommend http://www.poppeeper.com/

Hi, Thanks for this info .. I tried it, but opens 'Their' Email program .. ( I didnt get a New Message' pop up anyway, maybe cause i installed the 'Free' version' ) .. do you happen to know of ANY other program, that will make a 'Pop-Up ' using my CURRENT 'Outlook Express 6 ?? Thanks in advance   :-*

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm pretty sure Outlook Express 6 (OE6) does not support both of that. Popup notifications and/or opening a specific or the first unread message from outside OE6.

But please explain how you got OE6 installed on Windows 7? I never could get that installed/working, way back when I switched to W7, in 2009... I seem to remember MS made inroads to make that actually/nearly impossible (AFAIR it was part of the Windows XP package, with no separate installer), just to get everyone off of OE6 and on to the (real crap) Windows Live Mail disaster.

screenshot1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I'm pretty sure Outlook Express 6 (OE6) does not support both of that. Popup notifications and/or opening a specific or the first unread message from outside OE6.

But please explain how you got OE6 installed on Windows 7? I never could get that installed/working, way back when I switched to W7, in 2009... I seem to remember MS made inroads to make that actually/nearly impossible (AFAIR it was part of the Windows XP package, with no separate installer), just to get everyone off of OE6 and on to the (real crap) Windows Live Mail disaster.
Hi, Your correct about O.E 6 NOT available for Windows7 .. however, i found a 3rd party program, £20 ... its virtually identical to 'Outlook Express' even slicker, in my view ! I just wish, i could get a 'Pop-Up' notification , like my friends 'Outlook' does ! ... Here is link for 3rd part 'Outlook Express for Windows7'

screenshot1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
s

see post Below ( or above ?! )  https://runasxp.com/...-7-8-and-10-DOWNLOAD

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Well, that's quite important information, and would have been 'helpful' in the original post.

While I'm a bit concerned about the legal implications of that solution, I still expect it's not going to work like you want it to. What's stopping you from actually installing and using 'the real thing' MS Outlook, that is also getting security updates and bugfixes? You did pay money for that, possibly somewhat shady, other solution, could have been spent differently...

screenshot1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I couldn't get on with Outlook (Too many clicks to get anywhere) ... Outlook Express has all the features I need... All that I require is a ' Pop Up' notification... But iIthink I'll just have to give up on the idea  :mad:

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How about a separate/external mail checker?  It should notify you of new messages and open your default mail client once you click on the pop-up.

And if that one doesn't do what you want, here is a collection of alternatives.

* Edit:  I really should read the whole thread, A suggestion, similar to mine was already given. I didn't remove my post because of the alternatives. *
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 08:55 AM by Shades »

screenshot1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi, Many thanks for the information! I will investigate!

zlatanlex24

• Participant
  • Joined in 2018
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Visit following great solver as https://www.google.com/

screenshot1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Visit following great solver as https://www.google.com/