topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:22 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: CLCL, Cant access 'Template' if *HISTORY* HAS more than 35 items ' ( UPDATED )  (Read 4266 times)

screenshot1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: CLCL ....  If i copied say 36 ( anything over 35 items ( IN HISTORY PANE  ) it makes a 2nd Page type thing appear, as 1 page can only store 35 'HISTORY' entries.. after 35 it makes a 2nd box ( Pane ) ... This is, say, my last 36 ( History ) 'copied' items .. However ..this is NOT a problem at all .. the only problem i have is ..
if i have say 36 ( onwards items, ) 'Templates FOLDER' gets moved to this 2nd Page ( I have 20 items 'Saved' in templates' only ) .. say i suddenly want a piece of text i have 'Saved' in 'Templates FOLDER' .. when i click on 'Templates Folder' in 2nd pane, it highlites all my 20 saved listings on far left  .. when i move the cursur to click on a entry ,  all my 'Saved' items in 'templates folder' disappears  ( as does the whole 'Pane' )........its a bit similar to trying to take a screenshot of a box, but box disappears when you press to take screenshot ( as an example of what i am getting at ! ) Hope this will give you more info, and a solution ?? it seems a very simple problem,
SORRY IF THIS IS DUPLICATED ... THIS IS CURRENT PROBLEM EXPLAINED
  :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Screenshot1, please do not post in this style, with red text and huge caps -- it's very distracting and will turn people off more than make them want to help.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The post has already been posted in this thread, here
https://www.donation....msg415246#msg415246

Was also posted as a separate thread earlier, but it looks like someone deleted it after I pointed out it was already posted elsewhere (might be better to simply lock the thread? then the poster can find the other one).

So, making this post for the second time. Starting to feel a bit like that film...
Tom

screenshot1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Screenshot1, please do not post in this style, with red text and huge caps -- it's very distracting and will turn people off more than make them want to help.

I saw 'RED' was a colour 'Option !! and its NOT all in Capitals ??? only a few words ??????

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

I saw 'RED' was a colour 'Option !! and its NOT all in Capitals ??? only a few words ??????

hi screenshot1,
red is read as a warning, or often used to emphasize something of great importance. The combination of all red and some caps comes across a bit like someone shouting their head off -- it's clear from your response that that's not what you intended, but it will discourage helpful responses.

Also it's helpful to make a post once, and then wait for a response. I'm not sure how many times you made that post - but I can tell you, the more times you post it (in the one forum), the less likely it is that you will get a helpful response.
Tom

screenshot1

• Participant
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sort of  **SOLVED** Problem ..
I just set 'History' to save 34 entries ( anything over 34 makes 2 Columns )  .... this now only make 1 column ..
 i can now access Template entries as usual !

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
^ as per recommendation in the other thread:
2) Limit the number of items of your history displayed in the menu [..]
Tom