topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 11:26 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Major Delay when hit Print Scrn button to grab selection... icon in taskbar red  (Read 5700 times)

pesto126

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi.. latest version of SC... worked fine for a long time.  I have the PrintScrn button mapped to select a region.  In the past - it was instantaneous... now when I hit the button, the toolbar button goes Red and right click gives a "cancel operation" message.  Eventually, the crosshairs do come up but it can take 45-60 seconds!!

Happened in the previous version so I updated and it still happens in the latest.  A reboot did help... but after 12 hrs.. its back again.

If I open the toolboar window and hit printscreen - it works just fine.  once it is closed... the delay happens again!

Seems related to Firefox being the focused window because it works fine from the desktop, etc....  Thoughts?!?!

UPDATE: So... I just disabled the firefox Material theme and restarted firefox and it works again... UGH... we'll see if that holds... sorry to bother.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I'm not sure exactly the cause but try this to see if it fixes:
GO to the "Window Capturing 1" tab and UNCHECK the option "Try to capture Aero Glass transparency"
(you might also try unchecking the option "Try to detect.. " on the "Window Capturing 2" tab but that's probably irrelevant.

Romasio

• Participant
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am getting the exact same issue for a while now - and sometimes it is fine and I get instant selection rectangle, sometimes SC icon changes to red but no selection cursor - which comes up after 10-15 seconds.

Windows 10. I have no AERO settings.

EDIT: Actually I had the AERO settings enabled, but could not see them on first attempt. Disabling has helped and now it is always instant capture.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2022, 10:49 AM by Romasio »