topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:30 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Documentary film online: THOSE WHO ARE JESUS (2001) - 3 people with god delusion  (Read 9824 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Very interesting watching:

A documentary which presents four compelling individuals who have each had profoundly religious or revalatory experiences and have extraordinary stories to tell.

With a tolerant and inclusive approach, the film offers different positions of explanation of such experience by featuring such experts as Dr. Peter Fenwick (Institute of Psychiatry), The Very Reverend Colin Slee (Southwark Cathedral), Prof. Eileen Barker (Sociologist at LSE), Dr Trevor Turner (Homerton Hospital) and the Hearing Voices Network, alongside of the points of view of the subjects.

The result is an examination of conflicting and convergent discourses surrounding what psychiatrists term "delusions of grandeur".

Original page: http://www.pinkpink.....co.uk/paradogs.html

from http://mindhacks.com...-palms-of-your-hand/

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I watched it. It was interesting, but I felt it didn't really go anywhere.

Also, the title seems like a bit of a misnomer, as, from the best I could understand, it was only Sadat who thought he was Jesus Christ/God. The other two just seemed to claim that they communicated with and/or channeled intelligence/revelation from a higher power/God.

Thanks for sharing.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
well worth a look :up:

the title seems like a bit of a misnomer, as, from the best I could understand, it was only Sadat who thought he was Jesus Christ/God. The other two just seemed to claim that they communicated with and/or channeled intelligence/revelation from a higher power/God.
yeah...
I was confused by the other bloke - I think at some stage he thought he was God, but at the end he talked more along the channelling lines.

The woman seemed quite different - *most* of what she said seemed fairly reasonable to me (but it also wasn't quite clear here e.g. what her 'research' was).
Tom

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The woman seemed quite different - *most* of what she said seemed fairly reasonable to me (but it also wasn't quite clear here e.g. what her 'research' was).

found some more info about her here:
http://www.pinkpink....on.co.uk/rachel.html
The 'process' enables her to intuitively paint structures such as cancer cells, the effects of methadone on the brain and the make-up of the H-bomb. Rachel states that all her work is an on-going individuation process (deeply religious and philosophical), and forms the backbone of her research into brain function. Her art work concerning several sciences express both fundamental laws and various techniques and technologies used in current research methods. Some scientists have verified that her works do correspond to actual structures and further more could potentially provide further insights into several areas of science.

Rachel is recognised by the contemporary art world as a serious artist of merit, though they have been slow to recognise that the 'process' is a trait, and only a trait, of exceptional ability, recognised by researcher in the field of creativity/exceptional ability/giftedness. Rachel's work has been seriously considered by the Tate Gallery but is still to find a gallery willing to promote her work (Rachel's work is highly innovative). Rachel says that the 'other' neural process that produces all her art is the intense, flexible, divergent, abstract thinking brain that was previously 'blocked' when in a state of cognitive deficit. She animatedly says that what is most extraordinary is that her brain allows her to experience her unconscious processes, physiologically, providing a 'vehicle' and permanent access via her 'creativity', to the fathomless depths of her unconscious mind (allowing new ideas to be born). She talks passionately about Jesus whom she believes achieved the ultimate brain state (consciousness itself: enlightenment) and believes that her ability could provide further clues to the neurocognitive processes accessed by Jesus of Nazereth himself.
-
there is some more info about all the subjects here: http://www.pinkpink....mon.co.uk/those.html
Tom

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
I got part way through it.

The Vimeo link is here:

https://vimeo.com/87876462

Meh... I generally wait for the next version and a few reviews. :P :D
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I think part of the reason I felt the documentary didn't go anywhere was partially due to the three people it highlighted. There were scenes where each of the people describe their experience and explain why it means what it means. I'm not sure if it was due to the editing of the film or if they actually explained it the way it was presented in the film, but it felt like none of them (especially Rachel) ever got to the point.

Meh... I generally wait for the next version and a few reviews. :P :D

Next version?

AnthraXXX

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Know it's a very old thread but I really need to see the documentary video in any way possible since the links have been removed. The 3rd person in the documentary, Sadat, is my uncle.  :tellme:

Anyone has the video? Couldn't find it anywhere on google.  :(

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@AnthraXXX, an outside chance might be Renegade (who posts above)
he used always download videos before watching -- you could try sending him a PM
Tom

AnthraXXX

• Participant
  • Joined in 2017
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@AnthraXXX, an outside chance might be Renegade (who posts above)
he used always download videos before watching -- you could try sending him a PM

Thanks, will try. I see he was last active April 22 so he should be able to reply soon!