topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Monday April 15, 2024, 11:19 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Help? Download link is down :(  (Read 17615 times)

Dubs

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Help? Download link is down :(
« on: June 02, 2016, 07:06 PM »
I want to download Circle Dock but the download link is down, can someone share the exe or know of someplace else I can download? Has this software been abandoned?

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Help? Download link is down :(
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 07:58 PM »
This software has indeed been abandoned.  It is not affiliated with DonationCoder- the developer just used DC for support.  But that time has passed.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 08:57 PM »
You can apparently still download CircleDock from various sites - e,g,, a 64-bit version from here: http://www.pcworld.c...k_64bit_version.html

I think it says there that its developers were Rainmeter (https://www.rainmeter.net), so you could probably look in Wayback for that URL to see the relevant history and maybe also download the software from there.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 10:35 PM »
I think it says there that its developers were Rainmeter (https://www.rainmeter.net), so you could probably look in Wayback for that URL to see the relevant history and maybe also download the software from there.

That's incorrect.  The developer was Markham, who continued the work of VideoInPicture, who disappeared from the site.  Also, Sarge helped with the support and PR, but I think gave up trying to support it with no developer behind it.  There have been others who have taken the code and done other things with it- including loading it with adware and such.  As it is licensed, the source has to be included/available to download, which is one of the reasons it is abandonware now.

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2016, 08:36 PM »
@wraith808: Thanks for correcting my slack attention, I must have been mustaken abour Painmeter.

The Q in the OP was:
I want to download Circle Dock but the download link is down, can someone share the exe or know of someplace else I can download? Has this software been abandoned?

Given your apparently extensive background knowledge of this app, are you able to recommend any of the "safer" (less chance of candyware, PUPs, etc.) download sources that @Dubs might be able to go to? I found several, but wasn't sure - the best bet that I could see was the pcworld site, but one can never be sure.

I think @Dubs might find that helpful.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 08:45 PM »
There's not really a reputable source.  The reputable sources have been down for a while, as you have seen.  You'd just have to be careful what you install at this point.

ianbogue

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2016, 07:57 PM »
I got version 0.9.2, alpha 8.2 from Sourceforge. Let me include the download link...

Here is the link to the SourceForge Direct Download. I will give you the direct download link because the project is abandoned. If you would prefer, here is the actual SourceForge page.

Best luck,
Ian

anandcoral

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Free Portable Apps
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2016, 02:30 AM »
Well googling gave me http://circledock.wi...download-circle-dock website. In this page I got Download Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha Preview 8.1 (**Sept. 22nd, 2008**) which downloaded the zip file.

It also has Help / Faq page

Regards,

Anand

Danielc

• Participant
  • Joined in 2020
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 12:04 PM »
Here you go;

I've been using this version for a while (Version 1.0.2.3), and downloaded it back in January 2010 from markham.dcmembers.com/Release/SetupCircleDock.zip.

I never grabbed any versions after, and after a lot of digging I can also only find the 0.9.x versions out there.

If anyone has a later version of Markham's product that would be great :)

I had to zip the install folder for it as I don't have the original setup file, but it's how I've been transferring it between my machines. It reads Preferences from C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Local\CircleDock

X

• Participant
  • Joined in 2023
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2023, 03:11 PM »
I've been using this version for a while (Version 1.0.2.3), and downloaded it back in January 2010 from markham.dcmembers.com/Release/SetupCircleDock.zip.

The link to version 1.0.2.3 is no longer valid, can you please package your version and send it to me or post it somewhere? Thank you.

If you don't know how to place various commands in Circle Dock like: Cut * Copy * Paste * All select * Rename * New folder - and more, I can show you the procedure as a reward for your effort ...

snap 2023-08-28 21×06×52.jpgHelp? Download link is down :(

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2023, 10:57 PM »

X

• Participant
  • Joined in 2023
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2023, 02:50 AM »
Yes, I've already discovered it there in the meantime, thanks anyway. I'm just not quite sure if this is really the version they write. So I downloaded the version from the official website: Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 8.2 and inside the program (About) it then says: Circle Dock 0.9.2 Alpha 8. It is also interesting that some of the older versions can do more than the newer ones, I don't know if this program is not following the unpleasant trend of Windows, Firefox, Opera, ...

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2023, 12:09 AM »
You can also grab 1.0.2.3 from Softonic, just select it in the dropdown.

X

• Participant
  • Joined in 2023
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2023, 09:42 AM »
Thanks. Which version is the best / most equipped (features) / seamless? For the older versions, I read from the descriptions that some of the older ones could do more than the newer ones ... for those versions over 1, the descriptions are missing. At worst, I'll install multiple versions in different folders if it's still possible and test. Too bad no one develops this quite important software anymore ...

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2023, 10:44 PM »
No idea, think I used it for about a month approx. 13 years ago.