topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 23, 2024, 3:01 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Cannot capture region using Surface Pro4, dual monitor - extra zooming  (Read 16914 times)

Jesper Hertel

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
125% internal, 125% TV, workspace capture, polar bears – incomplete:
Screenshot - 2016-05-07 , 03_10_36, 125% internal, 125% TV, workspace, incomplete.jpgCannot capture region using Surface Pro4, dual monitor - extra zooming

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
well now let me ask a different question, is there ANY magnification above 100% with two monitors where a workspace capture is correct?

Jesper Hertel

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
is there ANY magnification above 100% with two monitors where a workspace capture is correct?
You mean any combination where at least one of the magnifications are above 100%?

If that is what you mean, there is one and only one of those 7 combinations where the workspace capture is correct: 125% internal magnification, 100% TV magnification:
Screenshot - 2016-05-07 , 03_19_34, 125%, 100%, workspace, complete.jpgCannot capture region using Surface Pro4, dual monitor - extra zooming

It should be said that the only available magnification choices are:
Internal: 100% or 125%.
External TV: 100%, 125%, 150%, 175%.

That gives 8 combinations, of which 7 are combinations where at least one of the magnifications are above 100%.

Jesper Hertel

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
So the only two magnification combinations that give correct workspace snapshots are:

100% internal, 100% TV
125% internal, 100% TV

Jesper Hertel

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sadly I will have to go to bed now. As you perhaps noticed on the snapshot file names it has become rather late now here in Europe and I need my beauty sleep. :)

Jesper Hertel

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
So the only two magnification combinations that give correct workspace snapshots are:

100% internal, 100% TV
125% internal, 100% TV
-Jesper Hertel (May 06, 2016, 08:26 PM)
In other words, currently I can choose any magnification on my internal screen, but selected region capture and workspace capture only works if my TV is on 100% magnification.

I wish I had more magnifications to choose from than 100% and 125% on my internal monitor so I could test more, but Windows doesn't supply more.