topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ScreenCaptor scrolling screenshot  (Read 4518 times)

Sophy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ScreenCaptor scrolling screenshot
« on: February 04, 2016, 05:40 PM »
I just installed this and I can't seem to make heads nor tails of it. Been trying to capture a scrolling screenshot of my start menu and don't appear to even be coming close. Can someone held or direct me to a tutorial? First I getting a box as shown on attached screenshot. Then I couldn't even capture the menu screen anymore.SC.JPGScreenCaptor scrolling screenshot

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ScreenCaptor scrolling screenshot
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 06:19 PM »
hi Sophy,
not sure I've seen that message before. There is a similar one which is a little more specific:

Application being captured: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

ATTENTION: A number of methods were attempted to scroll the contents of the target window, but nothing worked.

Sometimes when this happens it simply means you have to first click inside the actual content area of the window to be captured.

You could try clicking inside the target window where the content is, and then click the "Re-test" button; or choose manual scroll method below.

Alternatively, if you selected a full application window, click the "Back" button and re-select a more specific scrollable content area.

sometimes, if you click in the scrolling window, and have another go it will work.

btw, which OS is that?
Is that horizontal scrolling that is required?
(On windows 7 here atm, there's nothing to scroll in the Start Menu so I cannot test.)
Tom

Sophy

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 07:07 PM »
I had such a heck of a time with this program I uninstalled it. I had a screen capture in the window and was trying the various tools, like hi lite, arrows. I could not figure out how to get rid of it when I was done. Tried everything. Saved it to my desktop and then deleted it. Deleted it from over at the side where the shots appear. Then I kept getting error windows. So finally just gave up and uninstalled it.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 08:23 PM »
If you are having problems and can't work out how to do it, you should post in This Section - doing so will give you a bigger chance of receiving help using Screenshot Captor because it is the primary area for it :)

Failing that, you could always E-Mail mouser (The owner of DonationCoder.com and also the Developer of creenshot Captor) - You could also send him a private message via the forum..  We also have a Live Chat room where he can be found most of the time under the nickname "mouser".

There is also an extensive help file available for Screenshot Captor and dozens of screencasts which provide huge amounts of help.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 02:54 AM »
I had such a heck of a time with this program I uninstalled it. I had a screen capture in the window and was trying the various tools, like hi lite, arrows. I could not figure out how to get rid of it when I was done. Tried everything. Saved it to my desktop and then deleted it. Deleted it from over at the side where the shots appear.

I know you've uninstalled it, but as you say, you can delete by focusing the file thumbnail on the left and using the delete key.
Delete screenshot is in the menu under 'File', and also there is a delete icon in the toolbar.

@mouser, is there a reason the delete key doesnt work when the image has focus in the main pane?
Tom

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 11:31 AM »
it deletes any selected object(s) you've added to the image.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2016, 12:09 PM »
it deletes any selected object(s) you've added to the image.

most logical would be if it just kept going and offered to delete the screenshot once all objects are gone (naturally requiring confirmation).
I realise this may not be feasible, but think it would be the ideal.

EDIT// of course now I've posted I see it is complicated by the fact that there may be undeleted and unselected objects -- okay, forget that idea !
Tom