topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:20 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Windows XP Key Code  (Read 3779 times)

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Windows XP Key Code
« on: February 04, 2016, 03:07 AM »
How can I find my Windows XP product key code in my laptop?

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Windows XP Key Code
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 05:36 AM »
There is a lot of software that allow you to retrieve your Windows product key:

HowToGeek has an article about this.
MagicJellyBean - you might have to look for an older version that supports XP, seems to have been bundled with adware, nowadays.
NirSoft - one of the places to look first on any piece of software that accesses core Windows functionality, the other one is SysInternals. Both offer suites of their software. Get both of them!
Belarc Advisor - oldie, but goodie.
SIW - I use this one in my own arsenal of portable tools.

holt

• Joined in 2015
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2016, 08:03 PM »

MagicJellyBean - you might have to look for an older version that supports XP, seems to have been bundled with adware, nowadays.
NirSoft - one of the places to look first on any piece of software that accesses core Windows functionality, the other one is SysInternals. Both offer suites of their software. Get both of them!
I downloaded NirSoft from your link to its home page and installed it, and McAfee went totally bonkers and blocked installation and execution even though I told it to 'allow'; twice, and I still can't get nirsoft to run. mcafee is very annoying.

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2016, 08:06 PM »

I downloaded NirSoft from your link to its home page and installed it, and McAfee went totally bonkers and blocked installation and execution even though I told it to 'allow'; twice, and I still can't get nirsoft to run. mcafee is very annoying.

Get Belarc - I used that for Windows 7 multiple times (I have a tendency to lose my keys lol).

Direct download link below:
http://www.belarc.co...advisorinstaller.exe

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 03:07 AM »
McAfee, ouch! Maybe it's gotten better but it certainly used be a monster -- possibly not the best for an old machine with little resources...
I'm reminded of someone I know well who had a Vista machine with Norton running with everything enabled. And I dont know was it one or two GB memory. Was a nightmare to use, at any rate.
Tom