topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Screenshot of expanded dropdown menu with cursor--how to???  (Read 3241 times)

Holisticmdwf

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I am trying to get a screenshot of a web page showing the cursor and an expanded dropdown menu.  I have set the delay in preferences to 6000 in both locations in that window.  It seems to have been applied.  But when I choose "grab selected region" and form the box around the region however, there is absolutely NO delay and I cannot get it to let me go to drop down the menu I want to show.  I have no idea what I am doing wrong.  I am working with the latest version of your Screenshot software in Windows 10 Pro.  Any ideas??

It is not clear to me how to send this to the entire forum.  I have checked the help menu in the software and although it says what I want to do is possible, it does not give me any additional info on how, other than what I describe here. It is ok with me if you forward this to the entire forum.  Thanks

Holisticmdwf

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Screenshot of expanded dropdown menu with cursor--how to???
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 01:14 PM »
I finally figured out that the delay comes BEFORE you get to select and capture the area of the screen you want to.  So I think I have it, but it wasn't intuitive, at least not to me and wasn't explained at all in the HELP section of the software.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2016, 05:25 PM »
did you get the capture of the menu, the way you wanted to?

------

and Welcome   well over 2½ years ago  :up:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2016, 05:28 PM »
the delay is almost totally useless when it comes to the "selected region" capture mode.
if you want to capture a menu, using a full screen capture with delay makes some sense, and then CROP the region you want to capture after the fact.