topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:19 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: GP Software (Directory Opus) 2015 Holiday Sale  (Read 4780 times)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
GP Software (Directory Opus) 2015 Holiday Sale
« on: December 16, 2015, 11:55 PM »
Received this via e-mail, and thought that there might be interest:

It's the GP Software 2015 Holiday Sale!

To celebrate the end of another fine year of Directory Opus development, GP Software is pleased to announce the 2015 Holiday sale is now on!

Until December 26th, everything Directory Opus-related is 50% off! That means:

Directory Opus Light is 50% off
Directory Opus Pro is 50% off
Upgrades from Opus 10 or earlier to Opus 11 are 50% off
Extra licences are 50% off
Optional features like Advanced FTP and USB export are 50% off
It's all 50% off! :)

To take advantage of this sale, use the coupon code HALFPRICE2015 before December 27th.

To upgrade or buy new copies of Opus 11, visit the Directory Opus online purchase page.
To add licences and optional features to your existing licence, login to the My Account page.
We hope you've had a great 2015. Enjoy the holiday season and we wish you a fantastic year in 2016!

All the best,
Greg & Jon
GP Software, Brisbane, Australia

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
Re: GP Software (Directory Opus) 2015 Holiday Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2015, 04:43 AM »
Thanks! Dopus 11 users out there, what's been your experience? On my old PC I found 11 much slower than Dopus 10, so downgraded back, but now I have a new machine, so maybe it's time to reconsider...

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 06:10 AM »
Thanks! Dopus 11 users out there, what's been your experience? On my old PC I found 11 much slower than Dopus 10, so downgraded back, but now I have a new machine, so maybe it's time to reconsider...

dont have any experience on (a very) old PC -
Dopus 11 works just fine here on my desktop:
Win7 x64 / i5 / 8GB ram

It's currently using ~100MB ram when idle (with three window 'layouts' open - @roughly 16 tabs apiece).
It does slow down startup a bit (usually starts here with two of those windows open).

Possibly relevant:
I sill havent installed it on my Dell Latitude E5550 laptop w. same specs:
there are a lot less available resources in the laptop compared to the same-specs desktop (where I installed Windows 7 myself) -- will have to look at removing some of the Dell backup stuff etc. (was a business laptop -- in theory it didnt have much crap installed...)
Tom

michaelkenward

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • Broken monitor
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 10:06 AM »
On my old PC I found 11 much slower than Dopus 10, so downgraded back, but now I have a new machine, so maybe it's time to reconsider...
Hard to tell why that should be without know the specs of that old PC. I have the latest version of Dopus running on some seriously old hardware. It runs just fine in Windows 10.

Remember, they never stand still with Dopus. There have been umpteen updates since the first release. It currently runs here at version 11.16.1.

MK

disenchanted

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 08:48 AM »
Something to note on the Directory Opus offer . Their price on the order form, (at least on my order form) showed the price in AUD.
Good news for folks in the USA.
The AUD is weaker than the USD.

I priced out the 5 user package. The AUD price on the order form is like AUD 174.
The online currency converter shows that AUD 174 equals approximately $127USD ;D

Good deal for US customers :)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 12:44 PM by disenchanted »

dr_andus

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Dr Andus's toolbox
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 06:43 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback.

Hard to tell why that should be without know the specs of that old PC. I have the latest version of Dopus running on some seriously old hardware.
-michaelkenward (December 17, 2015, 10:06 AM)

In hindsight I'm not even sure if it was about hardware limitations, as my PC had a corrupted Win 7 at the time, so it could have been that too.

But now I've tried v.11 on my old Asus netbook eee PC1000H with XP, and it's running reasonably well. And v.11 seems to be running even faster than v.10 on my new laptop, so my fears are allayed.  :up: