topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 5:02 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: set the default contents of clipboard to contain two <cr> or add them after load  (Read 2793 times)

questorfla

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
  • Fighting Slime all the Time
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The intent is to end up with something that when pasted would put the item copied to clipboard PLUS two carriage returns.  I can't think of a better way to state it.  It would enable me to quickly cut and paste a number of items from various places into list or other document with a "double spaced" separation of the items without having to remember to hit "enter-enter" after each paste.  Since this is my main use of cut and paste it would be a great tool to have.  There may be other ways to automate this that I am not seeing.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
You can do this easily in Clipboard Help and Spell, by creating and saving a Text Formatting Preset (which added to CRs to clip and any other changes you wanted), and then use the quick paste menu to trigger the pasting of the modified clip text, or even faster, define a custom hotkey for the saved Text Formatting Preset.

sword

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Another way, on the remote chance that you use Wordperfect, is to download the macro named, "Clipper". It has the option to set either one or two HRt and save it to a separate file at the end of the current document.