topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 2:01 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Inquirers questionable business IT Tech nomination survey  (Read 2464 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
An email told that SoftMaker Office is nominated in the The INQUIRER's Tech Hero Awards' first listed class, Best Business Software, and Softmaker Office Mobile is nominated in Best Business Mobile App. The email was of course from SoftMaker, and at the same time they offered me a beta version of the hero in question, Office 2016, for free testing. Their offer is for you as well, You are very invited to Pick up the free beta version now and test it thoroughly: http://www.softmaker.com

• THE INQUIRER has unveiled the shortlist for its first Tech Hero Awards, aimed at celebrating the best business IT products and people across the industry. Voting for the awards has been extended by a week. Instead of closing on Friday 17 April, it will close on Friday 24 April.

Best Business Software # Best Developer Tool # Best Business Mobile App # Best Networking Product # Best Storage # Best Data Centre Storage # Best Security Product # Best Cloud Computing Product # Best IoT Product # Best Processor # Best Smartphone # Best Tablet # Best Laptop/Hybrid # Best IT Worker # Best IT Team # Tech Champion # Best Technology Event # Best Technology Startup # Best Technology Innovation # Best Product

You too may cast your vote at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/DPK9QYZ

ATTENTION:
You do not have to check off every award, simply vote in those where your expertise and experience applies

PS: As a thank you for helping us compile this year’s awards, by entering your details at the beginning of the survey you will have the chance to win a brand new iPad Mini and join us at the awards ceremony in London.

* Please provide contact details before you complete the survey. This section is compulsory, but please don't worry though - this information will be treated in the strictest confidence, and is only used to verify the votes.
-Madeline Bennett, The INQUIRER

inq-tech-hero-awards-logo-185x114.jpg
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:49 AM by mouser, Reason: changed topic »

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
Re: Inquirers questionable business IT Tech nomination survey
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2015, 08:42 AM »
Oh man... I saw "Tech Hero" and figured I'd get to vote for Theodore Kaczynski. :P  :huh:
Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2015, 11:46 AM »
I visited the page -- calling this "Tech Hero Awards" seems really odd to me.. these are very specialized group of nominees for an exceedingly narrow specialty area of "tech"..

Here's the page (click to expand):
Screenshot - 4_22_2015 , 11_45_49 AM.pngInquirers questionable business IT Tech nomination survey
to something that doesn't make people here who read it think it's something they will be interested in participating in..

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2015, 11:51 AM »
I've changed the topic to something that doesn't make people here who read it think it's something they will be interested in participating in.. I think with our limited mental attention spans, i think it's important not to send people off to surveys that sound like they should take them when they aren't for them.