topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:39 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: [Free Book] Blockchain Programming in C#  (Read 8229 times)

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • Tell me something you don't know...
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
[Free Book] Blockchain Programming in C#
« on: January 18, 2015, 04:13 AM »
http://www.cryptoart...ble-on-public-domain

BLOCKCHAIN PROGRAMMING IN C# - FIRST BOOK OF THE TRILOGY AVAILABLE ON PUBLIC DOMAIN

Aspiring developers are looking at Bitcoin in order to take their coding skills to the next level. Even though there are plenty of hints, tips and tricks to be found on the internet, an actual “coder’s manual” is not as easy to find as one might want. That is about to change however, as the first part of “Blockchain Programming in C#” has been made available for free.

Nicolas Dorier is the author and creator of “Blockchain Programming in C#”. The reason for making this series of books available to the public for free, is because Nicolas strongly believes that one of the way to make Bitcoin successful is to teach developers how to program it themselves. But how do you get started in the world of Bitcoin and cryptocurrency?

A lot of (aspiring) developers wil rely on web API calls in order to create a new Bitcoin tool, service or platform. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but these API’s have so much underlying technology which isn’t used to its full potential by those developers. Furthermore, you are almost “forcing” the user to look at a certain “problem” through someone else’s eyes, which is not what Bitcoin and decentralization is all about.

One of the major drawbacks of relying on API calls for your coding masterpiece is the fact that these APIs don’t give you full access to everything Bitcoin technology has to offer. When learning to develop for Bitcoin from scratch, you will get access to far more possibilities than by relying  on a third party service. And there is a lot of technology and functions to learn about!

In order to “advance” to the next part of the book, readers will be presented with C# coding challenges which need to be completed successfully. These challenges will start off relatively easily by letting users create a private key, and the difficulty will increase over time. One of the more advanced challenges will be “how to implement a voting system with colored coins”.

The books written by Nicolas Dorier is the first of a three-part series, all of which will be published under the public domain. Feedback in regards to “Blockchain Programming in C#” part one is more than welcome in the official Bitcointalk thread. Overall, the feedback seems to be very positive so far, and I might try my hand at some of the challenges myself even though I am not a coder.

Book link : https://aois.blob.co...et/public/Blockchain Programming in CSharp.pdf

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: [Free Book] Blockchain Programming in C#
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 12:34 PM »

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 01:47 AM »
So many books to read... So much to learn... So little time... Dammit! :mad:

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 03:38 AM »
So many books to read... So much to learn... So little time... Dammit! :mad:

Yup.

One of my fantasies is to have a nice little pocket universe where time stood still outside of it, then go in to read, experiment, build, etc. Time is the most unforgiving of friends.

Renegade

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Renegade Minds
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 10:33 PM »
Part II of the book is now available! (Via)

http://blockchainpro...ng.azurewebsites.net

https://bitcointalk....x.php?topic=926087.0

New parts in the book:

• BIP39
  • Arbitrary ownership
  • Using the transaction Builder (Stealth, CC and normal payment)
  • Colored Coins (Open Asset)
  • Ricardian contract
  • Use case: Liquid democracy voting
  • Proof of burn and reputation
  • Lots of fixes, over Part I
  • Copy/pasteable code instead of screenshots

Now I have this in my head... 8)