topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:28 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Are Ubisoft trying to kill PC gaming?  (Read 6370 times)

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Are Ubisoft trying to kill PC gaming?
« on: October 24, 2014, 04:18 PM »
Ubisoft has since confirmed that PC owners wanting to play Assassin’s Creed Unity should have at least a GTX 680/ Radeon HD 7970 GPU and an Intel Core i5 2500K/ AMD FX-8350 CPU. a 64-bit OS is also required. Also, laptop GPUs aren’t “officially supported”. It is still recommended that you own at least a GTX 780 or an AMD R9 290X along with an Ivy-bridge Intel Core i7 3770 CPU.

Would YOU build a $2000 system just to play "Yet another Assassin's Creed" title?

Original Story:

The official Assassin’s Creed Unity PC specification requirements may have leaked and they are pretty high. Minimum CPU and GPU requirements may restrict the game to those who built a fairly high end PC sometime in the last two years. Minimum CPU requirement features Intel’s Sandy Bridge Core i5 2500K or an AMD FX-8350. The recommended CPU is an Ivy-bridge Intel Core i7 3770.
PC owners will need at least 6GB of RAM, a trend that began to surface just last year. On the GPU side of things a GTX 680 or Radeon HD 7970 are the minimum while the recommended GPUs include a GTX 780 or R9 290x. The game will also require 50GB of free hard drive space.  The overly high minimum Processor and Graphics Card requirements restrict the game to those who built fairly high end PCs sometime since 2012.

Read Full Story: http://www.kitguru.n...system-requirements/
Have Your Say: Clicky Click

Shades

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Are Ubisoft trying to kill PC gaming?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 06:35 PM »
For me personally...there is only so much time in a day and the Assassin's creed series never was able to get the same grip on me as the Elder Scrolls did.

When a new game in that series comes out, I will most likely upgrade. Not for Assassin's creed or other Ubisoft related games to be honest.

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 06:40 PM »
Personally, I always saw Assassin's Creed as one of those titles they can't sell so give away with every new console just so people might play it.  I have NEVER bought a copy of it, but always ended up having a few copies in my collection that never got opened (Usually got sold or traded in) because it happened to be packaged in with a console...or given to me by somebody else who bought a console and also didn't want the game in their collection.

Deozaan

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 10:52 PM »
This is status quo for PC gaming. Remember when Crysis came out? A top-of-the-line, brand new PC couldn't run it on the highest settings. AC:U will likely be used for benchmarking purposes for the next few years until even CPU-embedded graphics can run it and then the next bigger and better thing will replace it.

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 11:28 PM »
This is status quo for PC gaming. Remember when Crysis came out? A top-of-the-line, brand new PC couldn't run it on the highest settings. AC:U will likely be used for benchmarking purposes for the next few years until even CPU-embedded graphics can run it and then the next bigger and better thing will replace it.

See, that's the thing...Crysis actually NEEDED those specs in order to run on max settings...people from all over are reporting that this game actually completely locks out at 30FPS even on some incredible SLI setups using some really top spec graphics cards.

I mean...I can understand the need for x64, that much I won't dispute...that's common standard these days for the higher tier games (Due to the obvious limitations within x86 in terms of memory) so...yeah, can't argue with that...but the rest of it...why lock out at 30FPS?  Seems a bit dodgy to me.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 09:18 AM »

This.

See, that's the thing...Crysis actually NEEDED those specs in order to run on max settings...people from all over are reporting that this game actually completely locks out at 30FPS even on some incredible SLI setups using some really top spec graphics cards.

How can we say that AC:U doesn't before it comes out?  And those minimum specs are nowhere near a 2k machine.  Even the VC on the higher range spec isn't terribly expensive.

Also, the title of this thread sort of reminds me of linkbait.  :huh:

KynloStephen66515

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2014, 12:46 PM »

This.

How can we say that AC:U doesn't before it comes out?  And those minimum specs are nowhere near a 2k machine.  Even the VC on the higher range spec isn't terribly expensive.

Also, the title of this thread sort of reminds me of linkbait.  :huh:

No intention of a Linkbait/Clickbait style title...I hate Clickbait and have unfollowed about 50 different people/pages on Facebook this week alone just for doing crap like "OMG MAN GOES OUTSIDE, YOU WILL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENED NEXT" - "FAMILY BUYS SON A PUPPY, AND WHAT HAPPENS NEXT IS UNBELIEVABLE - THEY NEVER THOUGHT ANYTHING LIKE THIS WOULD HAPPEN"

My answer to both of those is..."No...I won't...and I won't ever find out, cause I ain't clicking ANYTHING from you" :P