topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 1:41 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Mind Mapping Software - What are the current top players now?  (Read 21705 times)

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Mind Mapping Software - What are the current top players now?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2014, 04:53 PM »
I've also found using PostIt notes in conjunction with a whiteboard to be very productive.

Aha!  For a while it was just whiteboards then post-its in a notebook...but somehow "post-it" and "whiteboard" didn't spend very long in the working memory here...

Thank you for mentioning this!

FWIW, taking photos really only started to work well here once the cameras in the smartphones had improved to a certain level.  Now if the previous whiteboard state could be automatically restored :)

40hz

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 05:24 PM »

A guy by the name of Dave Straker did a whole book about PostIts and problem solving. When I was working at a certain mega-corp's HQ, they were using this combination. Straker's book came out in 1997. I was working with people who routinely used the whiteboard/PostIt combo as early as 1988 - so who knows where it first originated.

And who cares, really? ;D

TaoPhoenix

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 09:58 PM »

A guy by the name of Dave Straker did a whole book about PostIts and problem solving. When I was working at a certain mega-corp's HQ, they were using this combination. Straker's book came out in 1997. I was working with people who routinely used the whiteboard/PostIt combo as early as 1988 - so who knows where it first originated.

And who cares, really? ;D

Well, it's kinda intuitive. White/Black boards, Paper - call them cousins. (On paper, years ago I made a system of pencil and blue pen - pencil can be erased with some effort; the blue pen is "bold" if you really know what you are doing, but it becomes a bad mess if you mess it up too many times!)

If you have a genius layout and do it right, you get a beautiful exhibit, paper lasting longer than the boards. But if you are still thrashing about, and you start getting the layout wrong, it might look cool all "mad scientist", but also definitely crowded and alpha/beta and not ready for production. (Mad scientists always put beta stuff into production! Hehe!)

So if you half draw stuff on a board, and half on stickies that you move around, it makes just fine sense.

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: October 19, 2014, 05:17 AM »
Yes, it integrates with Scrivener... but I haven't seen an integration with Evernote. :(

Ooops  :-[
Shouldn't try to respond when I clearly didn't have time to read or think properly.
At least I remembered what I had originally intended to write  :-\