topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to use and install FarSubScript  (Read 3428 times)

asrjcb

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How to use and install FarSubScript
« on: April 24, 2014, 05:08 PM »
Newbie have mercy.  I love FARR.  I see that many plugins say you need to have FarSubScript and working for the plugin to work.  I have maybe 35 plugin folders inside C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins but I only see about 6 of them are loaded in FARR.  I have no clue why the others aren't loading and wondering if it has something to do with FarSubScript not working.  I do have a \Plugins\FSubScript folder with files in it.   Can someone help me troubleshoot?

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to use and install FarSubScript
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 06:28 PM »
For a general plugin intro, may be the following is of some help?

https://www.donation....msg177754#msg177754

I don't know off-hand whether that particular plugin still functions, but perhaps the general procedure of installation is still valid.

ewemoa

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 06:31 PM »
FWIW, there's also the following:

https://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/findrun/help/introduction2.htm

How do I Install a Plugin? Just move the entire Plugin directory that you unzip into the Plugins/ subdirectory of Find and Run Robot.  For example C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins\MySamplePlugin. To uninstall a plugin just delete it from the Plugins/ subdirectory (you can also simply DISABLE it from FARR options).

How can I Configure a Plugin? You can see the list of installed plugins from the Options dialog on the Plugins tab.  Here you can temporary enable or disable plugins, and find information about each installed plugin.  There are also some default options for each plugin that you can adjust.

phitsc

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 01:04 AM »
The plugin folders you see inside C:\Program Files\FindAndRunRobot\Plugins are only "placeholders" for the respective plugins. They contain a description file which another DC Program (DcUpdater) can pick up to install the respective plugin for you.