topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 4:16 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: ASUS routers hacked  (Read 4770 times)

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
ASUS routers hacked
« on: February 18, 2014, 02:33 PM »
Hot on the heels of the Linksys router malware revelation, comes news that ASUS routers have been hacked, making the content of any attached drives available across the Internet, among other things. 

Supposedly, this has been known for a number of months, but ASUS has just admitted to the breach and has posted new firmware for the affected models.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: ASUS routers hacked
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 02:40 PM »
Thanks for the heads up.  I run Tomato firmware on mine, so I'll assume I'm not in danger.   :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 09:15 PM »
Thanks for the heads up  :up:
Firmware updated painlessly (though I do not have attached usb drives on my router so i'm not at risk).

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2014, 12:01 AM »
Someone posted a list of working FTPs on pastebin- if you have an asus router, you want to check to see if your IP is present.

UPDATE: Deleted the list- not sure if it's best to have a direct link.  Instead, go to pastebin.com and search for your IP.  If it's present in one of those lists, it should come up (just tested this).
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:53 PM by wraith808, Reason: Removed direct link »

xtabber

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 09:33 AM »
After recent revelations about how many routers (not just ASUS) can be easily hacked to gain access to wireless networks, ASUS has just released new firmware for the RT-N66U (which I have) and others in their product line that closes the infosrvr and cross-site request forgery vulnerabilities.

Whatever your router make, it's a good idea to check for firmware that addresses these issues.