topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 1:14 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Approach to Spam threads  (Read 4295 times)

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Approach to Spam threads
« on: December 19, 2013, 04:08 AM »
Partition manager software - EaseUS Partition Master

EaseUS Partition Master is a best partition manager for both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows systems. It can perform basic and advanced partition operations on your hard drive without data loss, including: resize and move partitions, copy partition, copy disk, copy dynamic volume, convert partition, split partition, merge partitions, etc. Moreover, EaseUS Partition Master can extend NTFS system partition without reboot and be booted from USB drive to manage your hard drive partitions.
(link removed)

It's sort of okay (even if it creates a bad impression due to the spammy style) posting something like this in the Announce Your Own Software board (which jclrita already did).

I'm suprised EaseUS has resorted to this type of advertising...
I know something like this would normally be removed (not 100% sure in this case?), but I'd nearly suggest leaving it, and marking it as SPAM. Would it not then be negative advertising for EaseUS? (or is there no such thing as bad press...?)
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Approach to Spam threads
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 04:24 PM »
I thought about this at one point -- the idea was to create a special section of the forum for dumping spam posts and then reporting them somehow.  There should be a good way to do this but there isn't -- and because there isn't a good way for us to "report" such spammers, i think leaving them in place might be beneficial to them.

We still kill a dozen spam posts a day -- but the fact that we so rapidly ban and delete such posts probably does reduce the number we get.. eventually people will learn there is no benefit to registering and spamming us.  i've even written special code to ensure people can't make future edits to add spam links without being detected, so we are dedicated to catching spammers.

One thing we COULD still do, however, is make a simple list of products and companies which have been caught spamming, and make a shame page for such companies+products, without any links that would benefit them.  the page would simply instruct people not to do business with such people.

cyberdiva

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Approach to Spam threads
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 08:43 AM »
I think if there's no doubt that the message is spam, it should be removed.  If it's not clearly spam but it quacks like spam, perhaps leave it in but mark it in big red letters "PROBABLE SPAM."