topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 2:44 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: SSC doesn't capture scrolling in Chrome  (Read 3166 times)

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
SSC doesn't capture scrolling in Chrome
« on: July 06, 2013, 05:07 AM »
I was trying to capture a page to show to a client with SSC: http://elegantthemes...com/preview/Harmony/

It didn't work, only capturing the first view, even though it seemed to try to scroll.  I tried to use sendkeys instead, and it seemed to work, but then the screenshot was of the exact same first view.

I then tried on a couple of other pages, and it didn't work.  I know it worked before; I've used it.

Can anyone get scrolling capture to work in Chrome?

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: SSC doesn't capture scrolling in Chrome
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2013, 06:42 AM »
I tried with Chrome 27.0.1453.116 m
Did an auto-detect scroll mode, then it came up with "Vertical scrolling" "Scroll by: By single row", and the net result was it couldn't guess the margins and overlap after scroll-capturing the Chrome window.
Went back and changed the "Scroll by:" to "By pages (Default)", and SSC then did a nice capture, and 'guessed' the margins and overlap correctly (using the available buttons for that ofc). :up:

Edit:
I missed that you tried it on that specific page :-[
Tried it with a totally different page, seems that site is doing something to the scroll and keyboard-handling of Chrome :(
In Firefox it's even worse >:(

Edit2:
It's absolutely to do with the static background image and the overlayed content that is confusing SSC, No idea how to solve that, other than using a manual capture (tip: set 'Scroll by:' to 'By Pages (Default)') and the number of pages to 4 or 5 depending on screen-size and resolution.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:00 AM by Ath »

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 07:18 AM »
Thanks for looking into this for me!  I didn't know about that scroll by setting; I'll try that!

Update:
Well, the first step was to update to the latest version (d'oh!)
After that, the new stitching together window helped me to get it working ok.  Had to set some pretty drastic overlaps, but the end result is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks for the help!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 07:51 AM by wraith808 »

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 03:37 PM »
Thanks for the posts and suggestions from Ath.

To repeat what Ath but to put a different spin on thigns:

No idea how to solve that, other than using a manual capture (tip: set 'Scroll by:' to 'By Pages (Default)') and the number of pages to 4 or 5 depending on screen-size and resolution.

This is exactly the kind of situation that SC's Scrolling Capture is designed to be able to handle using manual overides.  If there is content on the page that makes it impossible for SC to automatically detect page boundaries, etc., don't be scared to simply set the # of pages to scroll and turn off auto detection, and then adjust stitching overlaps manually.

wraith808

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 05:17 PM »
Thanks for the suggestions again, and the program from Mouser.  I'm continually amazed at how well it does a wide variety of things, but is all held together by the capture vision so that it escapes the bloat of some other similar programs.