topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 2:06 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to activate hyperlinks, in ScreenCaptor v4.3 ?  (Read 6166 times)

Aurora-

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How to activate hyperlinks, in ScreenCaptor v4.3 ?
« on: July 05, 2013, 04:51 PM »
How or where, do I activate hyperlinks in, ScreenShot Captor program? Thank you much.
(v4.3.0)(XPpro)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to activate hyperlinks, in ScreenCaptor v4.3 ?
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 04:53 PM »
Can you elaborate what you mean by activating hyperlinks?

Aurora-

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2013, 07:58 AM »
My apologies, what I should have first asked was: Does ScreenCaptor have the ability (feature) to include hyperlinks within the saved captured document? And if so, instructions on how to activate it?

With such a robust screen capture program, I took for granted, it would be a standard feature to retain 'active links' within a captured document.

Ath

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2013, 09:02 AM »
Static image files like .jpg, .bmp and .png do not have support for embedding links in the picture, you'll need to wrap the image in another format, like an Office file (.doc/.docx/.odt) or a web-page, to have features like that.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 10:05 AM »
To be clear: you CAN embed information like links inside an image file as part of the file COMMENTS.

Screenshot Captor does this automatically and any comments you write in the bottom memo/notes area of a screenshot are stored within the file comments, and you are of course free to add hyperlinks there.

In fact, Screenshot Captor has an option that will AUTOMATICALLY capture the URL of the webpage you are capturing and embed it in the file comments/note field to help you keep track of where the screenshot came from.

BUT, as Ath says, you can't have those links *DO* anything -- they are just embedded comments in the file and are only really useful for keeping track of notes about the screenshot.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 08:34 AM by mouser »

Aurora-

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2013, 08:31 AM »
Thank you [mouser, Ath] for your expertise and experience. Utilizing powerful software can be a challenge, and your replies are most appreciated. <Subject resolved>

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2013, 10:34 AM »
I gather that you may be able to conceal/reveal captions and make embedded links in captions clickable in images, by using FotoTagger.
I have not needed to use that feature myself, but I have used the software occasionally over a number of years. The latest version seems better (more features) than my (old) version.
Pretty impressive examples of use here: http://www.fototagge.../home_users/examples

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 12:19 PM »
Wow, cool IainB, FotoTagger is impressive!

IainB

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • @Slartibartfarst
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 06:25 AM »
Wow, cool IainB, FotoTagger is impressive!
Yes, it is, isn't it? It has a quirky and unique functionality set.
What I especially like is the appreciation that there is "knowledge" in an image and that you can add to that knowledge - e.g., with tags and captions.
The FotoTagger approach seems to be a proprietary approach/format, however, so I have not committed to using it as my standard, though I am sorely tempted with the most recent version of the software. In fact "standards" with image tags and suchlike are a bit of a confused mess - as I mentioned here: On the lack of standardisation in "tagging".

I have long regarded images as data, and especially images with text in them. What may not be widely appreciated is that images saved as TIFF files are OCRed, indexed and searchable by the Windows7 OS - so you can, for example, scan a document to a TIFF file, and it becomes data and an image, or if you use SSC to write some notes into an image, and then save it as a TIFF file, then that image also becomes data. At present, OCRed data in a TIFF file is not copyable though - except if you save any image with text in it to MS OneNote, whereupon you can immediately copy all the OCRed text to the Clipboard, or view it as "Alternative Text", and then copy that to the clipboard - as below in the example of OneNote Alt Text of an image with embedded text from a SSC edit:

OneNote - Alt Text of an image with embedded text from a SSC edit.png

By the way, you can search for that image's Alt Data text from the Windows Start search bar - which automatically searches and indexes OneNote Notebooks.
(Additionally, you can search for words/phrases in an audio file that you have saved into OneNote.)
Pretty nifty.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 07:08 AM by IainB, Reason: Added image of OneNote Alt Text example. »