topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 6:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Font size in options screen  (Read 3540 times)

Unreadable

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Font size in options screen
« on: March 25, 2013, 05:48 PM »
Font size in the options screen is unreadably small. I have tried some skins and they do not alter this aspect of the program. I would like to try FARR as I have heard good things, but I cannot if I cannot read the options.

I have enclosed a screenshot of it on my 1280x1024 19inch monitor. Is there any reason why the text is so tiny? And can I do anything about it?

Unreadable

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Font size in options screen
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 12:16 PM »
Could someone confirm whether the options screen has tiny text as in the picture on their system, so I can know if it is meant to be like that or there is something wrong at my end? TIA.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 12:40 PM »
Hi Unreadable, and welcome to the site.
Sorry for delay in replying -- i've been busy working on another update to another program.

The font should NOT look like that, but I know the cause has to do with your windows desktop being set to "large fonts" which the program is trying to compensate for.  Large font settings create all kind of havok, but it still shouldn't look so bad.

If you give me a few days I will try to have a new version to test that may help.

Unreadable

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 12:57 PM »
Thanks. Yes I do have large font settings but glad to hear that this will be addressed.

Am using Agent Ransack which is good at what it does but I need something that also indexes file contents for quick later retrieval.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 01:16 PM »
Am using Agent Ransack which is good at what it does but I need something that also indexes file contents for quick later retrieval.

FARR does *not* index files let alone their contents, so you're not going to find it useful for that purpose.