topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 10:44 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Using MyImgur as upload tool in Screenshot Captor  (Read 4420 times)

joby_toss

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Using MyImgur as upload tool in Screenshot Captor
« on: March 21, 2013, 02:11 AM »
First of all, I am not affiliated with MyImgur software, developer or website; nor with Imgur.com.

MyImgur is a free (for personal use) tool to quickly upload pictures to imgur.com; once uploaded, the program can copy a link to the file directly to your clipboard. It has also many other functions, including full Imgur account support.

What I like the most about this is that it is portable, has 32 and 64 bit versions and it is able to open-> send image-> copy link-> close without user intervention.

In SC just go to Configure External tools-> Add, choose the Title, the path to MyImgur executable (it may be relative) and in the Parameters field write:

/portable "%file%"

It should look something like this:

MyImgur interface:

MyImgur options:

P.S. I tried to capture the "Tool Properties" window for MyImgur using Screenshot Captor itself, but it returned an empty image. I guess this is normal (being the child window of a child window of SC itself) but I thought to throw it here anyway. I had to use a different capture program...  :-[

:-* SC
I am a 3D body trapping a single dimension soul.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Using MyImgur as upload tool in Screenshot Captor
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 02:55 AM »
Thanks for this post joby_toss!

As you know Screenshot Captor now has built-in support for some image hosting sites (ImageShack, img.io) and also supports the third party open source ShareX uploader, but it's always great to have additional tools to support additional sites, and I know Imgur is a popular site, so this is excellent.  :up: