topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 8:45 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: using CHS  (Read 4208 times)

Gebby

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
using CHS
« on: January 05, 2013, 11:47 AM »
I'm used to Clipboard Buddy where you double click the item in the list and it appears in the application I'm using. How does it work with CHS, please?

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: using CHS
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 02:50 PM »
If the clip you want is on the popup, you can single-click it to paste into the underlying application.  If it isn't, then bring up CHS main window, find your clip, rght-click on its title in the Titles list, pick the last action on the context menu, Copy Selected Clip to Active Window

Gebby

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 03:05 PM »
That does not work. I single click the clip, it makes its funny duck sound, but nothing happens.
The clips in the main window are all 'grey'. Is that significant? I'm using Word.
Any suggestions rjbull?
Gebby.

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 04:36 PM »
It works for me with Word 2010, even when the clips are greyed out in the titles list.  I think they're usually greyed out if you have the cursor on the first entry in the tree, "All."  Normally you'd have the "New" node active, when they'll be normal.

Have you checked these Options?  I wondered if you had Double-clicking on Grid Cell Performs: set to Nothing.  Also, this is the Options screen where you turn sounds on and off, which is most likely where you need to go to turn the funny sound off.

CHS_opts.png

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 03:16 PM »
Also keep in mind that most of the time you probably want to use the quick paste popup menu (ctrl+alt+q by default) when in another program to paste in a clip, rather than doing so from main window.

Also another way to copy the currently selected clip to the last active window (in addition to double clicking it) is to use the Orange clipboard button with a green arrow on it, to copy the currently selected clip to the last active window:

Screenshot - 1_12_2013 , 3_15_45 PM.png

Gebby

• Participant
  • Joined in 2013
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 03:25 PM »
Many thanks to all, but nothing worked and I got so frustrated that I have deleted the programme from my computer. Maybe it's 'cos I'm using Word 2003.