topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 9:38 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Feature request - mini GUI  (Read 8347 times)

kefrey

• Joined in 2012
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Feature request - mini GUI
« on: November 24, 2012, 01:59 AM »
I find this program to be fabulously useful.  Sometimes, though, it's too big onscreen, especially with, say, two Explorer windows open at the same time. It would be nice to have the option to switch to a 'simplified' GUI, like so...

[attachimg=#1][/attachimg]

The configuration file selection is in the file menu, where it would usually be found.  The various option settings are in an options menu.  Fields 2-4 are either excluded or hidden in the options menu.  The file queue is hidden until opened by the "queue" button, but since there's no reason to drop anything into the output window, the whole bottom part of the screen can serve as a drop zone for the file queue, whether it's visible or not.

Another step - add 'menus' for fields 2-4, which are drop zones and allow viewing/editing by clicking or selecting the 'menu' via keyboard.  Then they're fully available without taking up screen space.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Feature request - mini GUI
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 02:23 AM »
Your UI is sensible, but makes it a little hard to switch between the full one and yours, so it would be hard to keep both.

How would you feel about me adding a switch that would switch the interface between the current UI and a UI that hid everything ABOVE the commandline field and from under field1 to the button bar, with say a 2 line high file queue?

That would be pretty close to what you are suggesting, but would let me simply have a toggle to temporarily compact the ui, without having to add a separate options dialog and menu.