topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 4:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: GUI for PixelBeat's DVD-VR splitter application  (Read 4026 times)

Edvard

• Coding Snacks Author
  • Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
GUI for PixelBeat's DVD-VR splitter application
« on: October 15, 2012, 01:33 AM »
My son picked up an inexpensive Mini-DVD recording video camera, and liked the DVD-VR format for it's flexibility, but didn't like that it couldn't be used directly in a video editor.  After some searching, I came across this:
DVD-VR ripper for Linux
http://www.pixelbeat...org/programs/dvd-vr/
dvd-vr is a utility to identify and optionally copy recordings from a DVD-VR format disc, which can be created by devices like DVD recorders and camcorders

Basically, it can rip the VR-format file into individual .vob files, which can then be imported into most video editing programs not written by Microsoft  :mad:, but it needs to be compiled in Cygwin to run on Windows, and then it's a command-line program.
My son being a fan of the Windows 7 that came on his laptop, I dusted off my XP partition, brushed up on my Autohotkey skills and came up with dvdvrGUI.

Screenshot - 10142012 - 11:27:35 PM.png

[ Invalid Attachment ]

Instructions I wrote for installing Cygwin, compiling and running dvd-vr and dvdvrGUI can be found here:
http://comments.pixe...d-vr/#comment-302522

Still working on a version for Linux, possibly written with Yad  :Thmbsup:

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: GUI for PixelBeat's DVD-VR splitter application
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 10:55 AM »