topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 6:39 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Why not come up with a 'Templates' Idea within the Screenshot Captor?  (Read 4180 times)

saurabhdua

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Folks!

Often we like to compare 2 or more things through Screenshot phenomenon. So isn't coming up with some pre-designed templates(for instance a "Tabular" Template) within Screenshot Captor will be idea to contemplate upon?

Similar to Powerpoint Slide layouts, different templates will help accomodate Screenshots in a pre-defined way, & then enabling a user to COPY(or even SAVE) the final Output to clipboard, & then  email...& henceforth..!?

An another query..why does every prevalent Screenshot Capture utility allow you to capture a region ONLY in a "Rectangular" form(freehand goes exempted)? Why can't we originally capture a region in an elliptical way even?

Why should a Region be categorized with just a RECTANGULAR shape only?

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hmm, I do somewhat agree with the question about why it must be rectangle only...I have often wondered this

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Once you are in the screenshot captor interface, you can actually change selection mode to circle, lasso, magic wand, etc. (see edit menu).

KynloStephen66515

• Animated Giffer in Chief
  • Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Oh, so it does haha

Scott_Y

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
An another query..why does every prevalent Screenshot Capture utility allow you to capture a region ONLY in a "Rectangular" form(freehand goes exempted)?
Well, not "every" one. FastStone Capture has freehand capture -- the older freeware version (5.3) is still available from various places on the Web (Google it).

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
I'm not a fan of freenhand capture -- to me i think it is far better to capture the entire screen and then select and crop WITHIN the program (rather than at time of capture), because doing so after the capture allows you to undo, zoom, etc.

Screenshot captor has tools in the interface for freehand and magic lasso selection/cropping.

My suggestion to people who want freehand capturing is to break yourselves of the habit of wanting to so precisely control the selection at time of capture, and go for a 2-step capture then crop.