topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:50 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: Color My Folder 2.0.1.0 (DC Special)  (Read 25586 times)

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
Re: Color My Folder 2.0.1.0 (DC Special)
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2012, 07:21 AM »
I only have it display the chosen (current) icon for that folder on purpose. 1) If the icon is an ICO file, then it is copied to the folder hidden and renamed so the folder can be "portable". The icon should show on other systems if it is on an external drive/usb stick. If it is an icon resource (DLL, ICL, or EXE) it will load the icons from that file and show the current one. 2) If it is an ICO and selected from a folder if icons, I didn't want it to have to load the whole folder again. 3) was a lot easier to do it this way as there is a bug that I am still unable to fix. It just crashes CMF when it loads... not sure why.

Not sure about the double-click, but what I am doing is allowing 2 views. The original icon view then a small icon view that just shows a small 16x16 icon. The icons load much faster in this view. I'll post a screenshot a little later.

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 08:00 AM »
Here is a screen shot of the small icon view. The blank spots are because the name of the icon is a little long so the next spot is empty. Nothing I can do about that, it's the way the control is.

Screenshot - 5_31_2012 , 7_58_58 AM.pngColor My Folder 2.0.1.0 (DC Special)

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 11:31 AM »
New update:

@v3.0.0.0 - Thursday, May 31, 2012
[FEATURE] Added List and icon view. List view loads icons much fast on slower systems.
[FEATURE] Options to change the location of the Custom Icons folder from the default.

Download from the site or check for update.

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2012, 12:10 PM »
I think I broke your website.  I'm not seeing the download link anymore....  Only this http://i.imgur.com/GfeSg.png

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2012, 01:02 PM »
Odd. you went to: http://starpunch.net/ ?  , You can click on the Starpunch.net text at the top to go back to the home page or use the links on the right.

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2012, 01:23 PM »
Yea, sorry about that...  I was clicking the 'Blog' links...   Sometimes my hand clicks faster than my brain thinks.

v3 looks awesome.  The List View definitely is faster than the Icon View.  And the customizable icon sources seems to work well.   Thanks for adding those :D

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2012, 01:25 PM »
Sure no prob. Glad you like the update.  :Thmbsup:

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2012, 01:33 PM »
Just fyi:  The CMF app icon in the context menu http://i.imgur.com/Ak0qD.png shows up in Win 7 but is not there in Vista.  Not that it matters to me either way.  Frankly it bugs me the way Windows shows some of the icons, but leaves other spots blank...  Makes me OCD.  I'd just as soon hide them all...

Other note:  I like the StarPunch starcards you have.  My "day job" is actually that of school psychologist, and my training is mostly in applied behavior analysis, so I have an appreciation for such things  :)

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2012, 01:53 PM »
Yeah, the icon on the menu will only show in Windows 7, not sure about any higher. It doesn't work below Windows 7.

Very cool. I'm glad you like them. Elementary school? My son (8 years) really likes using them and does very well with them. He has ADHD and ODD and they really help, especially in the evening when his meds are worn off. I tried using kickstarter.com to try get funding to get them in the schools and daycares around here... didn't work, so I decided to just put the PDFs on my site hoping that someone else will get use out of them. If you can, I'd be very interested in knowing how they work for you.

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2012, 10:49 AM »
Hi Chris,
Hey are you still developing CMF?  I noticed that the "check for update" URL http://www.starpunch.net/files/cmf.xml  is no longer valid.

c.gingerich

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2011
    • View Profile
    • The Blind House
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2012, 10:53 AM »
Yes. I am going to be doing an update, but with the "success" of Paste As File and being busy with real work :-) I have not been able to get to it. I also had to make some changes on my site, so the update is broken until I update CMF. Sorry about that and again I hope to have it back up (an listed on my site) soon.