topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:04 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Reproducible crash :)  (Read 2412 times)

kunkel321

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Reproducible crash :)
« on: February 18, 2012, 12:45 PM »
I always garner an evil bit of schadenfreude when I manage to break software.   :P
I was trying to capture an image of the "You've captured an Object. Now what?" tool that I referenced in the resent "Interface Options" forum discussion.

To reproduce the crash (I guess it's a crash--not really sure):
1. Activate an Object Grab either by Hotkey, Tray Icon right-click, or by the menu item in SSC.
2. Ctrl+Click in the Red Box, then the "You've captured an Object. Now what?" tool pops up.
3. Before choosing one of the 4 options or closing the dialog, bring up the SSC Main Window. (By clicking its icon on the Windows Taskbar, or by hotkey, if there is a hotkey assigned to 'Toggle Visibility.')

The Systray icon stays red because SSC thinks it's still in mid-capture, but the "You've captured an Object. Now what?" tool is closed, so you can't complete the capture.  SSC has to be restarted. 
Am working with v3.00.00 on Vista...  Perhaps others can try on different versions of Windows...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Reproducible crash :)
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2012, 12:53 PM »
Good find -- I will fix!