topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 7:57 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: InfoQube rocks as a CRM  (Read 6205 times)

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
InfoQube rocks as a CRM
« on: February 12, 2012, 07:23 AM »
Finally, after a lot of praise in these forums, I tried InfoQube. It rocks as a CRM. Once the contacts integrate with gmail, it´ll be a force to be reckon with.
I've used it only one day and I'm considering donating.
If anyone is on the verge, I'd encourage them to try it. It's very impressive overall.

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • InfoQube Information manager
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: InfoQube rocks as a CRM
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2012, 07:20 PM »
Thanks urlwolf !

Interestingly, the very first application of IQ, was exactly that, CRM.

If you have a web site where customers can register, IQ can connect to the web-site server database and import new contacts / updates.

Yes, 2-way sync with Google services (Calendar, Contacts and Tasks) is coming soon (all I/O is fully working now). And then onto your mobile devices.
Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present -- Albert Camus -- www.InfoQube.biz

urlwolf

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 02:42 AM »
Hey PPLandry,

Congrats! You have a fine sense of application design.
I see in the forums that the bugtracker is less used now... so here's a tiny request. I use 'focus follows mouse' on win7. When I try to open a 'datepicker' window, it pops up, and it goes to the background (disappearing) because the main infoQube window takes focus. This doesn't happen with the floating search window (it's always on top the main infoQube window). Could we have this behavior for the datepicker?

Thanks!

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 04:40 AM »
Thanks urlwolf !

Interestingly, the very first application of IQ, was exactly that, CRM.

If you have a web site where customers can register, IQ can connect to the web-site server database and import new contacts / updates.

Yes, 2-way sync with Google services (Calendar, Contacts and Tasks) is coming soon (all I/O is fully working now). And then onto your mobile devices.

Just a quick note of warning - I don't use gmail as a main email but I do try to sync with it and I have recently had some major upset and annoyances with gmail contact sync. Maybe I can avoid annoyances for you and your testers:

- right now all the G+ circle contacts are sent by google over the gmail contact api. This is really bad for people sync'ing with phone or outlook. They are contact with no information and just 1 name, the G+ handle. No information anywhere (like a URL or tag) to identify where they came from and that they are G+ circle people. Google doesn't connect them with the contact if you also has the person as a contact, so you also end up with duplicates. Hopefully there is a way via the API to limit, but if you don't use G+ you might miss it.
- somehow with the recent gmail update, it lost the format awareness so that on sync what was earlier sent as firstname lastname was now sent as lastname, firstname - without some kind of indication for the sync tools. result? 3000 duplicates. Not sure what it means for people developing sync but might be useful to know

I tested and the above has fooled plaxo, funambol, and a couple other tools. It has fooled Gist too but at least Gist filed them as low value to i's easy to find them and clean up.

iphigenie

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2012, 04:41 AM »
and that makes me want to try IQ again :)

PPLandry

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • InfoQube Information manager
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2012, 07:34 AM »
- right now all the G+ circle contacts are sent by google over the gmail contact api. This is really bad for people sync'ing with phone or outlook. They are contact with no information and just 1 name, the G+ handle. No information anywhere (like a URL or tag) to identify where they came from and that they are G+ circle people. Google doesn't connect them with the contact if you also has the person as a contact, so you also end up with duplicates. Hopefully there is a way via the API to limit, but if you don't use G+ you might miss it.
- somehow with the recent gmail update, it lost the format awareness so that on sync what was earlier sent as firstname lastname was now sent as lastname, firstname - without some kind of indication for the sync tools. result? 3000 duplicates. Not sure what it means for people developing sync but might be useful to know

I tested and the above has fooled plaxo, funambol, and a couple other tools. It has fooled Gist too but at least Gist filed them as low value to i's easy to find them and clean up.

Thanks a million iphigenie. I'll look into this and do extensive tests !
Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present -- Albert Camus -- www.InfoQube.biz